Just let this sink in....

New Evolutions Products in 2020…lol

7 Likes

How much more evolutions is left lol

3 Likes

Amazing, I actually really love Evolutions & i missed out on buying Booster boxes to open before they went up. I can’t wait to pick these us and open :blush:

The boxes are still only $120. Not crazy at all if you still want them

I’m in the UK unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue:

www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-evolutions-booster-box-p237005

They are around £160+ on ebay i think over here at the moment
Still it looks like these kanto power boxes would be better for me than paying extra for a booster box

I know we’re all so tired of Evolutions, but I have a feeling these are probably going to sell extremely well. Evolutions is still the go to for the casual collector. It’s definitely the most consistently sold pack in my store besides whatever is the newest thing at the time.

2 Likes

Its wierd how everyone is tired of evolutions, but the second it was announced it was ”going out of print” tons of people started buying more, goes to show how strange this market is!

I like that they keep releasing products like this, evolution was a big hit and is still a great set!

2 Likes

These release 3 days before the 4th year anniversary of Evolutions. When has pokemon ever released a new set product 4 years after the main set release…

1 Like

It goes to show that Pokémon can just about print anything modern whenever they want

Nintendo should go the route of the ET games and bury all the extra evolutions product in a giant hole in New Mexico then dig them up decades later and auction them off

2 Likes

Would buy it if there Alakazam promo…

or venusaur and blastoise :slightly_frowning_face:

Watch the print quality on this evolutions set be in pristine condition and then we get thousands of PSA 10 charizards which collapses the price.

3 Likes

What it shows you is that the people saying something is “out of print” don’t have a clue. Pokemon company doesn’t release anything official in terms of what is out of print. We simply make an estimate of what we think is out of print and run with it.

1 Like

It’s almost as if they were waiting for people’s nostalgia to subside, before poking at it again sometime before Christmas.

Despite being massively overprinted, Evolutions is a nostalgic set which revived interest among older collectors and ingrained the original base set artworks in the minds of younger generations.

Keeping such nostalgic artworks affordable and making them available at a time when people are more likely to be reminiscent of their childhood seems like an absolute genious move both from a marketing and customer retention standpoint.

8 Likes

True but there is also a big part of the community that, you know, wants their cards to actually be rare over time.

You can buy WOTC cards and those cards will be rare over time. Even in modern we have had collector oriented sets released with intentional scarcity.

Evolutions is not trying to achieve scarcity, it’s trying to keep nostalgia alive and doing an amazing job at it in my opinion.

If you look at Pokemon TCG as a whole you will find that product lines aren’t created at random, but rather with intent.

To give you two blatant examples, Trainer’s toolkits were targeted at players, Hidden Fates was targeted at collectors. Both were an astounding success at what they set out to achieve, and in my mind Evolutions is no different.

2 Likes

Brilliant, that´s great news in my eyes. I have no stake whatsoever in Evolutions but this is just the most fun set to open besides actual wotc product - over here in europe boxes are going for 150-200 euro, this will drive the price down again.

gg wp pop 10’s

1 Like