Joshius Collection Thread (Q&A Video!!)

Slow mail day so I decided to share with you guys some pics I took of my personal collection of Pokemon League badges! Starting in 2000 these prestigious little pins were given out for achieving different milestones as you progressed through the Pokemon League.

I don’t know about anybody else, but when I was a kid only the BEST pokemon trainers had a full set. One of the first things I did when I started my Pokemon pin collecting journey was to secure a complete set of each. Sadly they stopped handing out these badges in 2012 with the last set being the Unova badge set. Imagine the amazing badge sets we’d have if they continued?

Pokemon League Badge Album

I added a few more Championship pins to my sealed collection! I had to do some rearranging in a box I hardly open to be able to safely fit them so I decided to take a group shot of my current progress and a shot of one of my many boxes.

Another fantastic mail day!

In this first picture we have a sealed Cyclone Disk pack, a sealed promotional Sword & Shield pin set, a Pokémon let’s play promotional button, a vintage Pokemon Tour magnet and a few coins I neglected.

In the second picture are two sealed Pokémon Grabber Ball sets! Very nice for their age and they each come with a pin!

4 Likes

Very happy to add this amazing array of Pokemon Championship lanyards and badges to my collection! This is actually thanks to a fellow E4 member LaprasLaughing who reached out to me through Discord. Took me a good half hour to bag and label them all. Up until now, I had only had a few, but now I have the odd urge to roll with this new collection lol

2 Likes

Oh my god, I am having an absolute blast scrolling through your photos - these are bringing back all the nostalgia feels!

I love your collection. I am re-living my 90’s childhood vicariously through this thread.

A question on the Tazos: it seems that you often purchase full collections at once. Is it difficult finding collections in good condition? I imagine the vast majority of Tazos that still exist are scratched to hell.

1 Like

First off thanks for the kind words!

To be honest the ONLY luck I have ever had with Tazos is to buy complete sets. I attempted to piece together the Lays Tazo 1 series and it took me FOREVER and I ended up seeing a complete set for less than I ended up spending collecting. Another time I bought a near complete set and ended up breaking down and buying a complete set because it was cheaper than finding the ones I was missing. And you are right about condition, most you find are in really bad shape. Luckily, I met an overseas collector online who finds complete sets and then pieces together the best condition sets for me. If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have near as much progress as I do lol

1 Like

That collector sounds like a good guy!

I bought a few assorted tazo lots not too long ago and it reminded me how much I used to throw them around as a kid. Mint ones must be a rarity.

I’ll look forward to seeing what you find next!

Another great mail day! Here we have a bunch of pins to add to my sealed collection.

In the first picture we have a sealed Europe 2018 World Championship Competitor badge! Next we have a very awesome sealed set of Pokémon Rumble Blast buttons! We have a “Fan of Pikachu & Eievui” Pokémon center pin set and an adorable Pokémon Center 2015 Christmas pin!
Finally a very nice sealed Nintendo Power Gold and Silver pin set! These bad boys were given away during the Eon ticket event at select Toys R Us stores back in 2002!
Very excited to own this piece!

And lastly we have a very slick looking Pokémon Diamond & Pearl era Japanese coin album with a few coins Included! This is alum #2 apparently and some if the coins are from a different set. Still a great find!

4 Likes

Starting to run with my new Pokémon Championship badge and lanyard collection. Got in some great gems in today! Way too many to list them all, but my favorites in this batch has to be the 2018 Magikarp All-Access pass and the 2019 Piplup VIP pass. Also really happy with Pokémon Organized Play lanyards! All are now bagged, tagged and safely tucked away

Next, we have a sealed Bayleef, Quilava, and Croconaw Pokémon center pin set and a very nice Saint Louis 2018 Regional Championships Competitor badge with matching lanyard!

4 Likes

Very happy to add this complete 50/50 Metal Tazo set to my collection! These bad boys were released in bags of Cheetos in 2007 during a promotion in select countries. I am really impressed with some of the art in this set.

6 Likes

The art on those look amazing! I like how every Pokémon is doing an attack. Never seen these before, but congrats on owning the full set.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Another great mail day! We have another lanyard and badge to go with my newly started collection. Another sealed set of Pokémon Battling coins (when I hit 20 I am opening them :grin:)! A Xerneas cellphone charm and last but certainly not least a sealed box of Pokémon Batomen Cyclone disks released by TOMY in 1999! These eventually made it over to the states but packed completely differently in pre-determined expansion packs.

3 Likes

I love this kind of stuff! It’s what’s made me appreciate non-TCG items - the unique artistry, the presentation. All of it also screams pretty “90’s” nostalgia for me as well.

1 Like

Was very happy with mail today! Got in a Grookey Spectator Badge, an extra 2028 Oceania lanyard, two coins including 1 Japanese import, another Sealed Pokémon League alpha badge, and finally 4 very special vintage badge pins!

These guys could ONLY be found packaged with certain Pokémon figure sets such as the Grabber Ball sets I shared not too long ago. They aren’t the usual lapel pins I go for as they feature almost a safety pin like back instead if my preferred post with backing. Still couldn’t pass them up!

3 Likes

Got in some VERY nice sealed vintage pins! Only missing Pikachu from the set apparently. Also pictured are some very s a set of Pokémon “Pop Tops” cake decorations. Also showing off my new Play Pokémon play mat!

3 Likes

Got a little bit of everything today! Got in a very nice vintage 4 pin set, some very interesting pogs both US and foreign, and got the first piece to a new vintage lanyard set I am pursuing. I love how the tag says “Neckleash” lol I never heard it called that before.

4 Likes

So much awesomeness in one picture! Here we have three more vintage “neckleashes”. Mew, Meowth, and Bulbasaur. We have a very interesting Togepi model launcher with some very nice looking Tazos. We have 6 more of the pins found in the grabber Ball sets. Next to impossible to find them loose. Got in two more of the foreign pog packs, some sealed temporary tattoos and few sealed Elite Trainer Box dice to start my next collection goal. Last but not least is a Machamp marble bag FILLED with vintage coins, pogs, and damage counters! It was like a little bag of nostalgia lol

1 Like

Another great mail day! Got in some VERY hard to find pins!

In the first picture, we have a sealed 1999 Pokémon Center Christmas pin and a sealed Pokémon Center Tokyo logo pin! Finally was able to find the DC Championship Pikachu & Eevee set at a decent price! Found a sealed copy of “The Ultimate Pokémon Experience Unauthorized Documentary” and also got in a few more lanyards to add to my newly started collection!

In the final two pictures are my current collection of my Hey You Pikachu pin sets and my Gym Leader sets. These guys are becoming next to IMPOSSIBLE to find especially the Gym sets! Very glad to have what I have!

3 Likes

Very nice mail day!

In the first picture, we have two sealed Pokémon Batomen Yellow packs along with a few loose discs. We have a Nashville World Championship large pin to add to my growing sealed collection along with a few Pokémon battle coins, one of which I actually need. We finally have another Pikachu “Neckleash” to add to my collection. This one needs a new tag and ID holder but I plan to do a transplant soon lol

No the second picture we have a Pokémon coin set I am VERY happy to share with you! These Eevee coins were part of a limited time offer in Japan only! If you bought two Vmax decks then you would get one random Eevee coin and a paper playmat. I was able to find a seller who secured me a full set through his pre-orders! Very nice indeed!

With that being said I will be going dark for the next 3-4 days as my wife and I are going to in the hospital bringing a new Pokémon trainer into the game

3 Likes

Another fantastic mail day! Got in two COVETED Pokémon World Championship Staff pins to add to my sealed collection, a stunning Pokémon Millennium Badge set, a Pokémon 2000 movie promo button, two very rare imported Japanese pins, and the seller even threw in a Japanese foil Rockets Trap card!

In the second picture, we have more elite trainer box dice to add to my newly started collection. Got TONS more coming!

8 Likes