Joshius Collection Thread (Q&A Video!!)

Another worthy update! Got some more progress done on my sealed championship pin collection. Got in a 2017 Pokémon championships Asia-Pacific badge with matching lanyard!

3 Likes

I have never seen these before, quite the treat! Keep those safe.

1 Like

Another small but worthy update! Here we have a 2002 Smash Bros promotional pin featuring Pikachu and a very nice Pokémon Center Tokyo “Winner” arcade token. Also pictured is a Detective Pikachu Mewtwo figure to go with my with Mr.Mime. The seller was nice enough to throw in a Vulpix-Ninetails Flix-pix which I thought was pretty cool of him.

1 Like

Do you only collect official coins and pins? Is there a database of these or do you just browse through ebay and figure out which one isnt in your collection?

I usually only collect official or licensed pins. I shy away from anything that doesn’t have copyright info. As far as coins go I collect anything official or interesting including pogs, tazos, battle coins, etc. Yea eBay and other collectors are my main resource. I have looked through every auction on eBay with the term “Pokemon Pin” and “Pokemon Coin” then each day I sort by newly listed to see what’s new.

Bulbapedia has a good resource for the official released tcg pins and for the most part coins. Nothing near complete though.

POGS! My god you took me back to my elementary school days. Haha. Pogs seemed to come out just right before the Pokemon Hype train started and then died off shortly after. Congrats on the additions! Looking forward to seeing more of what you find!

1 Like

I love this thread, always get to see so many items i’ve never seen. The design of that smash pin is superb

1 Like

Same here! Pogs ruled the school when I was younger! Main reason I started attempting to collecting compete sets of pokemon pogs. Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks for the kind words also! I try to keep a pretty varied collection. I too love that smash pin. I thought about getting the others that go with it, but figured I would stick to the Pikachu version since Smash Bros. it’s a little off the beaten path Pokemon universe wise.

1 Like

Sorry for the double post but I have another awesome collection update! I FINALLY got ahold of an EX Team Rocket Returns Winner pin which was the last of the EX prelease and winners pins I am missing for my collection! Also I got in a 2016 National Championship Mew pin to add to my sealed collection (The seller threw in the Item Finder) and a very nice Umbreon & Darkrai Japanese import coin. Pretty nice mail day!

1 Like

Ah nice coins!! How do you feel about grade coins?

Very excited about this latest collection addition! Here we have a complete 1999 Pokémon Pin store display from Korea! The display could be in better condition with a few rips and some pretty heavy creasing, but I am happy with it!

@pokemike102 , I am super excited about the prospect, I have never had anything graded before so I have no clue where to start lol

8 Likes

Another amazing update!

Very happy about this update for more reasons than one! Here we have some very nice Pokémon center vintage pin sets! Three Hey You Pikachu! Sets and one Gym leaders pin set featuring Koga! Very nice sets indeed!

Now onto the other reason. The package containing these pins was mistakenly misdelivered to an entirely different address yesterday… After losing all hope I was able to get in touch with my mail carrier and track the package down!

9 Likes

Wow, they look fantastic! Glad you were able to get your package in the end.

@eeveelover,

Yep! Those were them actually. Three of those sets were in the package. I had the Lapras set from before.

Hello again! Here with another collection update! Here we have a 2016 World Championship Staff pin with matching playmat! A 2017 World Championship Anaheim Staff pin! And finally two BNIP Monster Ball pins! One with Pikachu and the other Ruth Chikorita!

Group shot:

Staff pins close-up:

Back of Monster Ball pins:

2 Likes

Very happy to share this massive update with you!

First up we have a COMPLETE Pokémon Flipp Tazos set released in 2001! All 74 lenticular Tazos plus the 4 slammers complete with album and checklist! Very excited to own this piece of Pokémon history!

Album:

Complete Set:

Also here are some VERY interesting Pokémon Tazos released in China during generation 2. I don’t know much else other than that since all info is in Chinese lol

I am going to be sharing some more complete Tazo sets as soon as they come in! I have a few coming in!

6 Likes

Been hitting the pogs, tazos, and flipps pretty hard lately lol. The searching really paid off on this set! Here we have a complete 2001 Flipps collectors case complete with all 45 transparent Tazos! To think how hard someone had to work to complete this set and manage to hold onto it for all these years is beyond me! I will take it from here though and give it a great home :blush:

Also pictured are some very nice foreign Pokémon pins including the 2014 and 2015 Battle Festa pins and a Pokken promo pin!

2 Likes

Funny to see these latest updates, considering I sold both those full pog sets for scraps last year (I only collect cards tbh). I do have a second full set of those first lenticular pogs, and an 3/4 full set of those transparent ones and Yu-Gi-Oh ones you posted in another thread. Received them along with all his cards from my little brother.

Out of curiosity: what are the full sets of those pogs worth in the US? In my own country I see dozens of full sets for sale usually, so if I end up selling my sets again, I might be better off selling them outside of my country. :wink:

The only pog I still like to keep is Sudoowodoo, since I remember having 50+ of these as a kid, so it has the nostalgia factor for me. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

@quuador , They don’t exactly break the bank or anything. I just like having them is all. They are harder to find in the States as collectors have to pay higher shipping costs to get them so you only see dedicated collectors with them. If you come in possession of any full sets I don’t have posted let me know. I am always looking.

Now onto the next Pokémon Tazo update! I managed to find a seller who had each one of the four Tazos I needed to finally complete my Lays Tazo 1 set! This was pretty difficult to complete as full sets go for crazy on eBay so I had decided to piece one together myself.

With some help from a fellow collector, some strategic eBay buying, and a LOT of patience ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

2 Likes

Very grateful for this huge update I get to share with you today! Included in the first picture is a VERY nice vintage Pokémon Japanese coin lot that I was able to get off of eBay! Had a few new coins for my collection as well as a few condition upgrades.

In the next picture is a sealed Pokémon 2016 San Francisco pin, a really nice Leafeon pin and two very intricate Black & White Prerelease patches.

The final two pictures are of a very nice set of 8 uncut promo card set released by Hasbro in a 1999 Toy Wishes catalog. I LOVE how the cards feature actual figures posed and how the backs show off the toys coming out that year. Very happy to sleeve it and add it to my collection!

FRONT:

BACK:

4 Likes