Joshius Side Collections (Happy New Years Video!!)

I just noticed this was here and figured I could share some collection updates for my other collections!

To start here is a great milestone in one of my other collections YUGIOH PINS!

Here we have a complete set of the Yugioh Upper deck pins released in 2003. I have had a near-complete 23/24 set for a while now, but after a recent trade with a fellow collector I was finally able to get the Dark Magician pin to complete my set! I am considering getting these framed with my Yugioh tournament pin collection!

17 Likes

Another Yugioh pin update! I got these nice sealed pins in and a bit more progress in my tournament pin collection!

3 Likes

I am very excited to share with you guys a set I have been eyeing for awhile! Here we have a complete Yugioh Chaps 38 piece set with case! These little bad boys could be found in specially marked bags of Lay potato chips back in the early 2000s. Very happy to add this to my quirky collection!

Also pictured is a Yugioh Ultimate Duelist series Qualifier Invitational pin to add to my Yugioh pin collection!

Case:

Set:

4 Likes

I have collected MANY things casually over the years. One of the things I have always collected and am very proud of is Power Ranger cards. When I was a kid I was OBSESSED with Tommy Oliver the Green Ranger and I also had the biggest crush on the the Pink Ranger so I started only collecting cards that prominently feature one them. Since the actor who played Tommy has played the character across multiple series I collect cards featuring the following rangers:

Tommy Oliver
Kimbery Hart
Green MMPR Ranger
White MMPR Ranger
Pink MMPR Ranger
Red Zeo Ranger
Red Turbo Ranger
Black Dino Thunder Ranger
(and any applicable zords)

I have set up an album with the first few pages to show off some of my collection. There are TONS more, but I am always reorganizing. I think the first few are pretty set so I decided to upload them. Here is a small sample:

Here is the full album so far. I am going to add more as I get them.

Power Rangers Album

4 Likes

Adding to the sheer randomness of things I collect. Here is my complete Canadian Penny collection! Took me quite some time to fill this album! Some of the early coins have some pretty low mintage numbers! Here is a pic of the album and some choice coins:

Gallery

2 Likes

Moving on to another one of my collections is my singed Magic the Gathering card collection! Used to be big into competitive MTG but stopped after my daughter was born because I didn’t want to travel. In my years I acquired quite a few signed cards. I sold off some of the high ticket items, this is what’s left. My favorite being the Richard Garfield MD card signed by the godfather himself! Showing the first page, click the album link for the rest.

Signed MTG Album

2 Likes

Going through my clutter and decided to snap a picture of one of my many Rubbermaid bins full of card games. I don’t know why, but I have been hoarding dead TCG, CCG, and LCG sealed product for years! This is bid is full of decks or complete games, it’s been so long I don’t even really know what’s all in there lol

1 Like

Don’t know why I haven’t shared these yet! Anyone who has seen my posts knows I have a soft spot for lapel pins. It’s not just Pokemon pins either, I have been collecting any oddball pin that I find interesting for while now and putting them on pinboards. I have dismantled some and sold a few over the years, but here are two I have kept intact. They might be dismantled to help fill this MASSIVE pin board I found, so these might be the last pictures.

This one is just one of my favorite boards I have ever done! I love the comic book pin collage on the left and the fallout pin collage on the right. I feel like I got a really nice tight fit on this board and barely see spots that warrant filling.

This was one of my first pin boards I completed. You can see how the top is not as tightly packed in as the bottom as I got better as maximizing my space towards the end of the board. It has had some revisions over the years and still looks just as nice as ever.

5 Likes

Been moving a lot of stuff around and uncovered these boxes full of sealed packs from random TCGs and CCGs. A little sample of the packs included just from me randomly pulling:

Simpsons Trading Card Game
X-Files Trading Card Game
Looney Tunes Trading Card Game
Doom Trooper Inquisition
Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game
Marvel Overpower Card Game

3 Likes

Doing a little bit of redecorating and decided to try my hand at my biggest pinboard yet! I plan to fill it out and the board out and hang it directly in front of my desk so I am looking at it whenever I am on my computer. It’s going to take me awhile to fill it because I can’t carve much time to work on it with two kids, but at least I have hundreds of pins to start with. Here is a picture after 1 days work and a link to the album I will be posting updates on.

Pin Board Progress Album

I exhausted my stockpile of random pins and got about halfway lol Here is the current status of the board:

By my count, there are currently 516 pins!

5 Likes

Forgot to post a few pin board updates so here is a massive jump in progress! Around 640 pins total so far give or take a few pins! I have been through 3 rounds of stockpiling pins and then going crazy. It really only works when you have a ton of different sizes or pins available otherwise it feels like you’re just forcing things which is never good.

Overall board:

Area currently working on:

5 Likes

Pretty cool to see something different. Keep up the collecting!

1 Like

So yea, totally met the OG green Power Ranger Jason David Frank! I still can’t believe he took the time out of his busy schedule to come down to our little town of Biloxi! I never thought I would get a chance to meet him! He’s hands down the most iconic hero from my childhood and still to this day he’s out there providing a positive role model for kids today! Meeting him was an amazing experience to say the least! He was so friendly and easy to talk to! He really took the time to sit and talk with us about everything. It was awesome!

So here is all my Power Ranger swag I got today! I had brought in the Helmet and the card album in to get signed, but couldn’t help myself when I saw that awesome poster available at the signing table. He said that he had NEVER seen the Power Rangers Movie promo card album I brought in and he had never signed anything like it. So it very may well be the only signed one in existence at this point ! He was so impressed by the obscure cards I filled the album with that he asked me to pick out 8 of them for him to sign for FREE! He even signed a promotional card for his new movie Legend of the White Dragon and took a picture of the cards for his Instagram! ALL the signatures came out amazing! The helmet is an absolute work of art! Here are some pics! Also here is a link to a YouTube video I did showing off everything.

Group:

Helmet:

Card Album:

Cards:

Poster:

Dog Tag / Ticket:

Selfie (I know I am goofy lol):

9 Likes

That’s amazing. I have a good friend who absolutely loved him as a kid and was inspired by him to learn martial arts. He got to meet him a couple of times and mentioned how genuine and nice of a guy he was. Wicked glad you got that opportunity and the helmet looks wicked sick! Elated for you! :slight_smile:

@azulryu, Yea he was awesome! So nice and genuinely a good person! I am already planning the next signing because apparently he may come back to my area! I have purchased a legacy White Ranger helmet in anticipation :blush:

To keep the Power Ranger kick going I decided to shoot a quick video showing off my entire Power Ranger Card collection binder! If you’re interested check it out:

Video:

4 Likes

Here is the pic of my wife and I meeting Jason David Frank (I know I am goofy looking lol)

Here is a link to our interaction if anyone is interested. I wish the mic was closer lol

I went back to the comic shop and turns out Jason David Frank left some signed swag for the shop to sell. I ended up getting a great deal on this signed Zeo Ranger figure and an initialed card :blush:

Here is a video I made showing off the rest of my Power Ranger collection!

5 Likes

Just curious, do you have the yugioh dog tags from forever ago by chance? I remember loving those as a kid.

Were they dog tag shaped? I have some medals that look like they maybe were wore around the neck at one point.

Looked it up on ebay and I believe they are these ones

www.ebay.com/itm/1996-YUGIOH-Dog-Tags-1996-Kazuki-Takahashi-NEW-Yami-Yugi/223697065716?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144