Jaxlax21's Greninja Collection

Finally getting around to making a collection post for my Greninjas. I mainly have chased a master set of all English and Japnese TCG cards for Greninja. Felt the need to limit myself to keep the goal obtainable. Of course that was before I learned of the TV Tokyo Lottery Ash-Greninja EX 218/XY-P promo, which I’ll never get my hands on.

These are all from my most recent PSA return, I’ll get around to uploading the rest of the ones I have when I can sot down and take pics of them all. But most can be found on my PSA Registry.

Registry: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/publishedset/436993

Hope everyone can appreciate the Frog as much as I do!

EDIT: I have added the rest of the PSA Greninja I that I have on me, not counting things still at PSA. As well as a small section of non-TCG and non-Japanese/English Greninja that I add to for fun outside of the Master Set.

EDIT2: Added new pickups and upgrades. Moved a few things down to a Dupe section that could technically be for sale, so if anyone is interested in any please let me know.

EDIT3: This gallery is becoming unweildly, so I will just be adding new things in replies at the end of the thread. For a comprehensive view of everything, please check out my PSA Registry.

Non-TCG, Non-Japanese/English

Duplicates

36 Likes

Super awesome. Very nice collection. Greninja has some very cool artworks. I am waiting to get the XY-P Charizard Mega Battle Greninja myself.

Looking forward to your progress updates and thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I have the Charizard Mega Battle one at PSA right now along with a few more. That one is my favorite Greninja card, cant wait to get it back. Sadly wont be a 10, that card is so expensive!!

4 Likes

Indeed it is an expensive card, but it’s one of the few artworks that actually feels like the frog is a ninja. I hope you get a pretty high grade regardless. Thanks again for sharing your stuff.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Love to see another species collector building a collection they love. What is the next one you’re trying to get?

4 Likes

I actually have all of them except for the TV Tokyo Lottery Ash-Greninja EX 218/XY-P, but I’m never getting that one. So technically the next one to get is the Illustrator Contest promo that comes out Dec 16th.

That and working to get higher grades for the ones I have on the registry. Have a handful more to send in for the $15 special. Then just the jumbos, and I have tried waiting on those to see when the price for getting those done drops.

4 Likes

That’s awesome, good luck with getting the Illustrator Contest promo!

4 Likes

Just curious, why not the 218/XY-P card?

4 Likes

It’s limited to 100 copies, so I assume too expensive. PSA-10 copies might even go for 5 figures in this market (they don’t pop up too often, so no idea what it’s currently worth tbh).

Also FWIW, there are two different 218/XY-P Greninja. The stamped version is the Lottery promo that’s limited to 100 copies. The other one is already in jaxlax’s collection (as PSA-10) in the first post. :slight_smile:

Awesome collection btw! Greninja is a great Pokémon, and it wasn’t no. 1 most popular Pokémon in Japan during the XY and XYZ eras for nothing.

EDIT: There is also a third Japanese promo Greninja with this artwork: 290/XY-P, which features Ash as logo:

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

Quite the summary, and spot on as well. I lucked into a very cheap PSA 6 of the Ash stamped 290/XY-P off PWCC a while back. So that is already in the registry. That was another I assumed I would never get bc they were also quite expensive.

6 Likes

Awesome Greninja collection

4 Likes

Updated the post with more of what I have on me.

4 Likes

That’s such an awesome collection. In the same boat here, I really wanted to get a lot of the english and japanese sealed product before I moved onto the slabs. Unfortunately cannot grade myself so I have to buy the slabs lol.

5 Likes

Wooow! The XY20 tin and Ash-Greninja EX Box! I regret not picking up the Ash-Greninja Box when I could find it for $50. Great collection. Some great stuff there!

AND the XY24 blister!!! Been looking for that for a while. They are nowhere!

3 Likes

Got very lucky with some of the sealed items so it was a rare occurrence for sure! But really awesome collection, I really appreciate seeing such a beautiful graded collection! I really hope to see the master set completed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Between what is at grading, about to be sent off, and what I have in CGC slabs. I have them all but the 100 copy Japnese Ash-Greninja EX promo.

3 Likes

Oh yeah congratulations! Definitely living my dream haha! Planning on building up some of the same slabs, however you have some of the japanese xy slabs I have never seen so they must be pretty rare

3 Likes

Awesome collection ! I love Greninja as you might tell from my profile pic.:grin:

2 Likes

Updated to add new card, created Duplicate section.

3 Likes

Updated to add XY9 1st Ed Greninja BREAK PSA 10.

5 Likes