Stryker2407's collection

Hi. Thanks for stopping by.
After collecting Pokemon cards in elementary school and shortly in 2015 I got back into the hobby in early 2021. This time I decided to collect in English so I needed to start completely from scratch. I try to mainly collect Diamond & Pearl, HGSS and Altarias but I mainly buy EX Era cards because … I don’t know I’m just bad at focusing on my goals. Therefore I wanted to make this thread where I can follow my progress and look back on my journey in a few years.
My current short term collecting goals are:

• catching up on my modern binder sets
  • completing my childhood LP german binders completing a Pokedex binder from Gen 1-4 with my childhood cards
  • getting all S&M Alt Art PSA 10 (20/29)

I will update this thread every once in a while and add some more categories once I figured out what the best way to photograph binders is.

Graded Cards

WOTC

EX Era

Ruby Sapphire

Sandstorm

Dragon

Team Aqua vs Team Magma

FireRed LeafGreen

Hidden Legends

Team Rocket Returns

Deoxys

Emerald

Unseen Forces

Delta Species

Legend Maker

Holon Phantoms

Crystal Guardians

Dragon Frontiers

Nintendo Promo

![img202|292x500]

POP Series

Japanese EX Era

Diamond&Pearl/Platinum

Diamond Pearl

Mysterious Treasures

Secret Wonders

Great Encounters

Majestic Dawn

Legends Awakened

Stormfront

Platinum

Rising Rivals

Supreme Victors

Arceus

DP Promos

DP/PT Japanese

Heartgold Soulsilver

HGSS

Unleashed

Undaunted

Triumphant

Call Of Legends

HGSS Promos

Legend Era Japanese

Black&White

Black&White

Emerging Powers

Noble Victories

Next Destinies

Dark Explorers

Dragons Exalted

Boundaries Crossed

Plasma Storm

Plasma Freeze

Plasma Blast

Legendary Treasures

BW Promos

Japanese BW Era

XY

XY
Flashfire
Furious Fists

Phantom Forces
Primal Clash
Roaring Skies

Ancient Origins

BREAKthrough

BREAKpoint

Fates Collide

Steam Siege

Evolutions

XY Promos

Japanese EX Era

Sun&Moon

Sun&Moon
Guardians Rising

Burning Shadows
Crimson Invasion
Ultra Prism

Forbidden Light
Celestial Storm

Lost Thunder
Team Up

Unbroken Bonds

Unified Minds

Cosmic Eclipse

Hidden Fates

SM Promos

Japanese SM Era

Sword&Shield

Battle Styles

Japanese S-P Era

Scarlet&Violet

Errors

Binder Sets

Altaria Binder

Non Pokemon Cards

Formula 1

Sebastian Vettel Binder Set

Graded Cards

Star Wars, Cars, etc.

28 Likes

Very nice collection thread. I’ve never seen this Sudowoodo card before and idk why but it’s face is hilarious to me. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

You are doing a great job at collecting. The only way you’d be a bad collector is if you do something illegal or expect people to give handouts. However, you are not doing that, so no worries. Your goals sound like a lot of fun and the cards you have so far are great. I love pokemon cards with the sparkly borders.

2 Likes

Thank you. Sudowoodo’s face kinda looks like those weird tik tok filters.

1 Like

Cards with holo borders are the best especially when it’s a cosmos foil border. They really pop under the right light.

2 Likes

It also makes them more challenging to grade, so it is cool that you have so many 9s!

1 Like

Updated my collection post with some recent additions that arrived this week.

and some CGC slabs which I bought a couple month ago to cross them over to PSA but never did as I wasn’t confident that they would upgrade/stay the same.

7 Likes

For someone self proclaimed as “bad at collecting” your collection is awesome and bursting with personality! Keep it up!

1 Like

Nice clean presentation. The gallery view displays your graded cards so well.

1 Like

My favorite tag team card :laughing: great additions!

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. I always had the problem though that I never stayed commited to one goal no matter what I collected.

Thanks. This ones definetely in my top three. Those two look simply so adorable. Only the Latias&Latios and Espeon&Deoxys Tag Teams are more beatiful in my opinion.

1 Like

That can definitely be hard. Grabbing a bunch of stuff shows you really collect what you like though which is cool. If you’re looking to get more focused I hope you can :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve slowly (and silently) added some cards to this thread but didn’t make an update post. I didn’t feel that it was necessary to make a post for a single card at a time.
Therefore I’ll just squeeze them into this update.

Today I received one of my 15$ specials back from PSA with a lot of sparkly cards. Overall I was very pleased with the grades although one or two were a bit iffy.

My next submission is already on the way back to me and should arrive next week (and this one will finally advance my SM alt art collection goal)

13 Likes

Those ex and LV. X :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love them way too much :upside_down_face: But there’s just so much nostalgia in those cards.

I’m with you! ex and LV. X emanate nostalgia for me! Looking forward to you and I getting more :sunglasses:

1 Like

Earlier this week I received some DP Holos in the mail that I bought a while back.

In addition to those I got the Shaymin EX from the XY Premium Collection which is probably one of my favourite modern card. I’ve been looking for a mint looking copy forever but never really found on
e so I just bit the bullet and bought a graded copy

After my 15$ special was stuck in customs for 5 days the cards finally arrived today. Honestly I can’t really express how happy I am with the grades (especially the Rayquaza)

First I got some modern cards really liked and/or needed for my SM Alt Art collection

As always there was a bit of Diamond Pearl/Ex Era in my submission.
I never really paid to much attention to the BW era and never actively searched for them. This might change in the future as I fear that I may have released a monster when I picked up the Darkrai.
I NEED MORE BW FULL ARTS NOW!

And finally the hightlight of my submission were these two.

15 Likes

Nice additions! Man tin promos are hard to get 10s in…that Rayquaza is especially nice

Thanks!
I got relatively lucky finding Tin Promos in good condition. At least from the EX Era… let’s not talk about LV.X or Prime Promos though :upside_down_face: Those are always absolutely awfull.