FilthyNwah's Collection Thread

Some cards and things I’ve got on display.

I’ll post any significant pulls or additions here. At the moment I’m pretty new to seriously collecting, but here are some of my current favorite cards and more significant pulls.

EDIT: Seems as though there’s an image size limit, so I’ll take pictures of less cards at a time moving forward. If you want to see a higher res version of the above image, you can find that here: i.imgur.com/1ik4GGH.jpg

20 Likes

Thanks for sharing your amazing collection! Two questions, do you have an aim/ collecting goal or do you just pull and collect singles you like (like I do)? And if you had to pick out of this batch, what’d be your favourite one?

Right now my aim is to complete a Pokedex, but I also just like to open packs! My favorite would be the Dark Alakazam.

2 Likes

completing the pokedex is actually a pretty goal cool im surprised more people dont do it more! goodluck with your collection goals!

1 Like

Some highlights from a recent TCGPlayer order and Evolving Skies booster box:

And a start to a collection of the best unpopular Pokemon ever:

7 Likes

Duuuuddeee! Loving the start to the Sudowoodo collection!

2 Likes

I recently moved to a new state so haven’t been super active, but have still been buying cards!

First up, after 95 Brilliant Stars packs, I’ve pulled 11 TG cards and not a duplicate yet. And I got the Eevee and Kanto Eeveelutions. Love this set, so that’s pretty exciting.

These were pulls except for the Kabutops, which came from a TCG Player order.

My best pulls over the past few months:

And two pickups from a LCS in my new city. I don’t do a lot of Japanese cards but the Dark Blastoise seemed to be reasonably priced so I took a chance on it. The holo orbs bleed through the yellow border quite a bit; is that normal for these?

7 Likes

Old Japanese holos have a lot of those holo dots on the cards. They are nothing special, except for when they are actually holo, then it would be called a holo bleed.
Some nice pulls with the character rares, keep it up!

1 Like

Another LCS comes through.

The Dragonite and Raichu were very much market price. The Nidorina was $5- I picked it up because I didn’t have either a Nidorina or a reverse Legendary card yet. I get home, look it up, and it’s apparently a $25 card? It’s in great shape aside from a nasty print line top to bottom.

3 Likes

Two alt arts out of 62 packs of Astral Radiance. I’ll take it!

3 Likes

And arguably, one of the best ones with Beedrill V! Awesome!

4 Likes

Well, it’s been a while. More moving and less budget for Pokemon cooled the collecting for a bit, but I spent some money on 151 and kept buying other miscellaneous cards as well.

Big pulls from 151 in the binder:

Notable pulls from other recent sets:

And my 3 favorite LCS pickups since my last post. I picked up the Typhlosion for $65 on Black Friday last year. It does have scratches on the holo and a ding on the left edge, but presents well enough. I’m happy with it :smiley:

7 Likes

The Celebi is beautiful. And a nice addition to the Sudowoodo collection!

I don’t collect much modern, but I love seeing the art. The Mew, Raichu, Deoxys, and Regidrago all look great!

1 Like

There’s a charm to vintage that modern does not have for sure. If they were as easy to buy I’d probably have about a 50/50 ratio :joy:

1 Like

Any collector who talks about significant additions and has fossil muk on top row has my attention! Also every time some unpopular pokemon gets picked for species collecting the world becomes a better place, looking forward to seeing your updates on sudowoodo collection!

3 Likes

Fossil Muk is a great card! At $5 for a NM mint copy on TCG Player it’s got to be one of the best deals in the hobby.

1 Like

$40 for these three at an LCS in southwest Virginia.

And some pulls. Solid three packs of Obsidian Flames, not so solid bunch of packs of everything else.

2 Likes

So I managed to pull the SIR Charizard from 151. And a third SIR Blastoise. But I’ve got a different update.

I decided to do a binder that just has cards that I like from it. So far it’s up to 175 cards. Most of my collection is from opening sets since Celebrations, but I have bought a number of older cards as well. Here are a few stats…

• Mimikyu and Porygon are the most frequently appearing Pokémon at 4 each.
  • Lost Origin: 16 cards
  • 151: 14 cards
  • Celebrations (regular and Classic Collection): 11 cards
  • Silver Tempest: 11 cards
  • 5ban: 11 cards
  • HYOGONOSUKE: 8 cards
  • Arita: 7 cards
  • OKACHEKE: 6 cards
  • OSHIYAMA: 6 cards

Fun little exercise tonight. The binder will continue to grow as I find more cards I like.

1 Like

6 beautiful cards from an eBay seller!

2 Likes

That EX Deoxys Gyarados looks great! I hope it makes the final “Best Gyarados” poll, because I would rate it somewhere up there.

Nice variety of cards in that pickup!

1 Like