Stryker2407's collection

Yeah the ones I personally opened from tins are all nicked up and I swear I was laser focused and careful when taking them out lmao

You can be as carefull as you want if the person on the assembly line 15 years ago had a bad day and violently jammed the card in the plastic holder it’s game over.
I haven’t opened a vintage tin in forever but when I do it again I’ll keep my expectations for the promo low.

2 Likes

Sooo, in the last couple weeks I got some more cards in the mail so I thought that I make a little update.
From a recent Submissions. I’m planning on grading all Vstar Universe SAR in the distant future and these three are are my favourites from the set so I just included them in the submission. The Kabutops and Machamp I picked up without pictures on TCGplayer and Cardmarket and they both hit 10s although the submission was all modern japanese.

Altarias

Some random pickups across all eras

Next I have the card with the most nostalgic artwork for me. I did share my story with the card before on this forum and I'd link it but I can't figure out the hyperlink function (it's late).

And finally two more cards for my SM Alternate Art collection. I’ll probably have to slow down a bit on that goal though because they are getting quite pricy at the moment.

6 Likes

I like all collection goals that include some slime boys :ok_hand:

2 Likes

It’s time for another update on my little thread.

My last submissions went really well (except one but we don’t talk about that one) and I got a lot of cool EX Era cards. I’m especially happy with the Rayquaza, Absol and Altaria as I really like those cards. The gardevoir is also pretty neat and now I’m only missing two ex cards from Sandstorm which I will hopefully hunt down in the near future.

On to DP/Pt now. Back when PWCC had 2500 CGC 4.5 Junkslabs for sale I decided to torture myself and sift through the heaps of beat up commons from the ‘‘Chumlee Collection’’. My hope was that I’d maybe find decent stuff to crossgrade to PSA for a great price and I definitely got some for peanuts.
The Victory Medal was one of them (and I think the EX Dragon Altaria) was one of them and luckily got bumped up a grade.
The Jirachi and Blastoise were pulled by myself a while ago and the latter is one of the few SW cards from the booster box I opened which weren’t damaged by PSA.

Lastly some more modern cards. The Buzzwole/Pheromosma is SM Alt Art number 15 so now I've got more then half of them. I still got some of the remaining ones at PSA and am actively hunting for raw copies but finishing the set is going to be a pain. It's nearly impossible to find the Reshiram/Charizard and Umbreon/Darkrai in good condition AND well centered. I also don't want to bite the bullet and buy modern mass produced promos for 400 bucks.
11 Likes

Sooo, over the last two months I’ve accumulated some more cards through a few purchases and a couple of submissions I got back. The two Combuskens were succesfully upgraded from CGC 9.5s , so now I’m only missing the Winner Stamped Grovyle in a 10 which is already in my grading pile.

I also got a few (not enough tho) LV.X/ex/prime cards. Overall a mixed back. The salamence looked super clean so I resubmitted it but it stayed the same. Tyranitar went from CGC 8.5 to a 9 and the electrode from a CGC 9.5 to a 9, which is a bit disappointing but it happens. The Machamp was bought from Buyee with really shitty pictures but was cheap so I went for it. Luckily it got the 10 and compensates the Electrode disappointment.

Alternate Arts … as usual

And my absolute Highlight this year

11 Likes

Awesome collection! I’m not too familiar with the Diamond/Pearl and HGSS era cards, so it’s nice to see cards that I didn’t know existed.

Also have to say that your banners in your original post are on point :ok_hand:

1 Like

Grimer slab. Always nice to see a person of culture.

4 Likes

Thank you very much. The banners are still work in progress tho as I’m not really happy with a few of them.

1 Like

A beautiful selection of cards, always love seeing high grade DP stuff. Congrats on Lugia!

1 Like

Thanks. I definitely got lucky on the Lugia :smiley:

1 Like

The last couple of month I took a break from the hobby as I needed to step back a bit and evaluate what and how I collect. I also spent way too much on shiny cardboard at the beginning of the year and that limited my other hobbies as I didn’t have any money left for them. So I decided to have a monthly budget which I haven’t maxed out once yet. Since I set myself a budget I noticed that it didn’t really hinder me on growing my collecting but helped me focusing more on my collection goals and stoped me from buying just for the sake of it.
I also revised some of my goals because I didn’t really felt the urge to chase them so I sold off some of my modern binder sets and decided instead of completing barely finished LP sets to complete a Pokedex binder from Gen 1-4 which I already started in my childhood.
In addition to that I’ll stop to submit PC cards to PSA for some time as they damaged so many cards (almost 100) in the last two years from me. I don’t really care when they just misgrade them, of course it sucks but I can always resubmit them but it sucks when mint cards get knocked down to binder copies because their machines aren’t working correctly.

Now to the addition I got over the last 5 months:
Firstly I regraded some cards because I thought that they had the chance (or I was just hoping to get lucky) to get a 10 and it worked for 2/4 cards. The other two will probably get resubmitted at some point with a couple of other cards from my collection which I feel are between a 9 and a 10.

Then I’ve got some modern additions which I aimlessly purchased a while back. I partially regret buying them as they don’t contribute to any of my goals but they were cheap so I think I’ll just keep them for now.

Next up is EX Era which saw a lot of new arrivals and I’m really happy how a lot of them turned out.

Some additions from all kind of different eras…

…and last but most important some new cards from the Altaria line

11 Likes

Wow! Amazing collection with a very diverse lineup. I can definitely tell that you have some favorites lol

Thank you! :blush: