Japan championship June 2018 + japanese Pikachu promo

Hey guys,

Upcoming is the Japan championship this weekend in near Tokyo. Just thought I’d show some of the images and official release items for the event.

Good news I guess is the Umbreon Espeon promos are still going, so that means there will maybe be more available soon on the market.

There is a new necrozma promo for the event also.But NO full art battle festa promo! Omg! Lol, maybe they will surprise one on us, but I don’t think so this year.

Instead they are making a new tournament play promo soon ish, you have to earn about 120 points to obtain one.
So it maybe tough to get, still looks great.

What’s your thoughts ?

I still wish they made more fa pikachus, but I think Pokemon company know it will explode, so are hesitant to release more.

6 Likes

That first Trainer promo would have made an excellent Jumbo card. :blush:

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and information!

Greetz,
Quuador

didn’t they already release that energy set? I had to double check the energy set I got.

Yeah, I think the energies, and full art cards were given at previous events, and the marshadow card as well

Pikachu, and the half art necrozma are new

Please don’t drool at the Signed cards too long. This artist has only appeared twice in the last five years. The cards are not mine, nfs.

But so so badass…
I love the microcutting which some Japanese are doing to a stack of 8 or so of the same cards.

Sorry I don’t have many photos. Tomorrow night will be the finals for the tcg tournament, so it will be fun to watch.

3 Likes

Those trophy plaques are beautiful! So they aren’t giving out cards to the top 3 winners this championship?

1 Like

The plaqs are given to the pokken tournament winners, and I think, but am not 100% sure, the tcg winners get a plaq + card shield. If someone could confirm it be great

1 Like

Was gonna say the same thing about the featured artist frames.

After a lot of searching about, I don’t see any prize cards being awarded. Even the tournament page says “trophy”, and no pictures of prize cards. In other tournaments they would show the trophy picture with the card inside the plaque. Seems like the main focus of this tournament is more to catch up on points, with almost all physical rewards tied to using your “points” to purchase stuff:

translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pokemon-card.com%2Finfo%2F2018%2F20180406_001151.html&edit-text=