Is this mold in my PSA slab?

I have asked if this was moisture damage before and had heard that it was just a plastic defect in the case, but I have recently seen that mold can grow in cases so its got me worried that this might be a situation like that.

A lot of my old slabs have these white spots that seem to be on the case itself. I graded all the cards I have seen this on myself years ago and admittedly I didn’t store them in the best conditions. With the flippant humidity where I am I’m worried it may be mold. If anyone could advise I would really appreciate it.

Do you have older pics or scans to compare against?

1 Like

It is possible that the mold/substance is on the card like in the video below.

If you believe that the mold/substance is on the case, I would recommend having PSA reslab the card for you.

Found this on Reddit… Because PSA holders are not air-tight and water-tight, this thing can happen in abnormal circumstances.

To be honest, I am not sure what to think of the situation. I’ve never had mold grow on my cards, but it does appear to be a possibility.

2 Likes

Sadly no. I didn’t notice this until I already had the scanner. I appreciate the response!

1 Like

Possibly what is in that video, but I have never experienced it getting bigger. Thses marks do seem to be on the case in most situations (besides really the line on the left in the first pick) though so I think I will reholder them at some point soon. I appreciate the response!

1 Like

Maybe helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks! Looking this thread over a bit more thoroughly than I did prior I don’t believe I’m dealing with mold thankfully. I’m thinking either water stains or at the worst case mildew. Regardless, I plan to take the proper precautions to shut it down if it is anything bad then get the cards reholdered.

1 Like