Is this a common error?

I discovered this on a card this morning and wonder what kind of error this is - it is not the same as a regular holo print line, is it?. Also, is this something CGC would recognise as an error?

this is a pretty common printing defect, I would not classify this as an error, I once had a pikachu with the exact same kind of printing line and it was flawless all around, but that got a 7 with psa. With CGC if you ask nicely they probably will classify this as an error as that is what they do. Nothing wrong with that of course!

Edit: It is an error, but not a desirable one at that and imo it detracts from the beauty of the card

Thanks! I am asking because this is a really easy-to-get card and it would be cool to have some Error kingdras graded, as there’s generally not many Kingdra’s with errors :blush: I will give it a shot with CGC then

It was kind of a joke since CGC grades so many errors they might as well grade this one, you should ask beforehand if they will grade this as an error.

I got it now :grin: Yeah I noticed that CGC is more willing to grade things as errors. What are their standards? Do they grade the card as if it had no error and write ‘ERROR’ under it? Do they subtract one grade? I remember seeing some hilarious errors receiving a 9.

1 Like

It’s a print line, so I doubt even CGC would classify that as an error. They will recognize it though: which means a lower grade, just like PSA and BGS would give it a lower grade due to that line.

Greetz,
Quuador