PSA Recognizes Missing Ink Error

Haven’t seen something like this before. Looks like PSA is trying to stand toe-to-toe with CGC’s error expertise.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s all a bit wierd they seem to be grading some errors and yet turning down others.

Reasons to grade with CGC:

• PSA is closed but they’re open
  • Competitive prices
  • Cheap and easy to understand subgrades
  • PSA doesn’t have a 30-day bulk turnaround
  • Error recognition
  • Blue label??
  • Contrarianism
13 Likes

My holo shift mewtwo that I got from PSA this Friday didn’t get the error label even after I requested an edit. PSA replied in a confirmation email that it was resolved.

Wild they would label something obscure like an ink bubble and not something starkly contrasted.

Maybe I’ll email them…

3 Likes

The fact PSA is doing this is great but i do kinda hope they don’t just grade any and all of the most minute “errors” that CGC seem to. I much preferred errors when they were replicated then corrected not just 1 off printer “hickeys” and bs like that.

1 Like

I asked about the holo shift. Here’s the response:

9 Likes

I brought it up back in January. It’s cool to see another one that I didn’t see at the time!

1 Like

Thumbs down

3 Likes

I agree. I guess you have to draw the boundary somewhere, but I feel like the errors that PSA now accepts reads like a yahoo article.

Oh well, I’ll enjoy my PSA 1 with pride :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was happy to see those “more established” errors get recognized, but printer hickeys? Why. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

“We would not recognize your card error because it was a simple printing plate/ink application mistake, however we are recognizing another’s significantly less erroneous error because it was a simple printing plate/ink application mistake, and because the ink for the art wasn’t applied evenly. Thank you for choosing PSA”.

PSA being typical stupid, profoundly incompetent PSA.

7 Likes

Reminds me of the no rarity saga where PSA didn’t grade Raichu and Venusaur even though these cards had documentation

Jurassic Park Hacker GIF by ScreenJunkies - Find & Share on ...

2 Likes

Talk about mishandling how you handle errors omg.

1 Like