Kabutops HOLO BLEED NEW ERROR?!

Hello guys and girls! I am very ecstatic to share this with you today! I wish I knew more about it. What I can say is that this card has a holobleed error on just the top part of the card it seems like in the printing process there was a piece of paper or something covering part of the card during a specific part of the printing process. The orange background of the card seems to be absent entirely allowing the holo to shine through (most holo bleeds seem to have just a lighter printed background allowing some holo through). I am wondering if this sort of error has been seen before and an estimate to rarity or value would be neat. Its such a neat card I don’t think I can part with it. Thoughts?
Error card
imgur.com/gallery/f72qfVu

3 Likes

I’ve seen it before to varying degrees, but they’re uncommon. As far as value I could see it selling for $350-400+ to the right buyer. I know a couple collectors who would pay that.

1 Like

Thanks for that information! I wasn’t expecting it to go for that much, I would love to see some other examples of this error if you are able to find any. PSA doesn’t have a category for this sort of thing either I suspect. They should though, like at least holo-bleed error printed on the label.

@jifpeanutbutter, PSA doesn’t really recognize errors, and will sometimes refuse to grade them. CGC recognizes and grades errors though if you want to get that graded.

4 Likes

Thanks, Yea I don’t know how I feel yet about a different grading service besides psa or maybe even beckett grading (would be awesome to encapsulate of course). I will say the back is near 9/10 condition the ever slightest corner nic(s) on just two corners, edges are clean on back, but there is a few scuffs on holo n some foil on front edges showing (maybe psa 7/8 front). Really happy to have found this had no idea this collection had this card. I bought a charizard from a guy in psa 8+ condition for $115 and asked about any extra cards he had, we did a private deal for 40 wotc foils (another base charizard in there as well), some first editions, and this card alone could pay back what I spent on the lot. Super excited to have it, It’s one of those cards I’m keeping. Found two wartortle errors a couple weeks ago in my bulk, now I’m just gonna have to collect all the errors I can out there aha. Send me some errors you guys have! Love seeing error cards even more now :blush:

1 Like

PSA would probably grade this one. I’ve graded them in the past… the trouble is getting the PD qualifier, which PSA will very seldomly apply.

It’s a beautiful copy, thank you for sharing! Looks celestial how the stars appear upwards to be ascending above.

1 Like

9 Likes

Wow thank you for showing this! I presume these cards have the regular holo throughout the pokemon boarder as well? First one looks as if some of the foil isn’t present on the top, but may be due to how bright the foil is in that area below. I wonder if certain sets have errors like this more commonly, or if the background is still partially printed or not at all. How did you acquire these cards?

These appear akin to the plates used for the Shinings on glance yet I don’t think that’s the case? On all these examples to romanticise its as if Missingno was wanting life and tried to contact the printers game from a nearby game playing.

2 Likes

I love that dark Raichu! Almost looks like an intended design

1 Like

Secrets we don’t speak of for there are glitches running around trying to infect us, only the cards tell the truth

Au contraire ma chére. The glitches we know of are here for a reason.

:wink:

@acebren those look incredible how did you get them?