one of a kind printing error!

I have a pack fresh snorlax from jungle that has a yellow, almost highlighter colored line running down the left side of the card. and no i didnt color the card with highlighter. gonna send it to psa. has anyone seen an error like this? how much could it be worth graded.

Attachments:

2 Likes

Huh, it either looks like it got faded by the sun on a very exact slice of the card (do cards sit out at all for a considerable time before being packed?), or the printing process hiccoughed adding the last few colors in. I’m leaning much more towards the latter rather than the former out of suspicion that cards aren’t left out after being made for that length of a time to get sun-bleached.

That being said, it’s an interesting error, but I’m not sure how much it’ll add in value, especially on a Non-Holo. Even if it is “one of a kind”. It sadly tends to be a buzz word in the card collecting community and there’s little variety in the card itself.

That ALSO being said, I could be completely wrong about this and some people may flock to it. People in this community are interesting in that way.

It is not one of a kind :blush: Yours is the first I have seen other than mine though.

My guess is that PSA would mark it as “PD” if they grade it all. I held little value to this, but knowing it is not one-of-a-kind, makes it more intriguing.

5 Likes

Wow never expected to see another one, especially on these forums. Did you find your snorlax in a pack? also, should i send it to PSA in your opinion?

I also have several of these in different characters and many I’ve given away to error collectors who buy more significant errors:)
You asked for what people would pay and I’d guess 10.00-15.00?

1 Like

Well, according to this precedent, it is worth a minimum of $8,000:

www.ebay.com/itm/HOLO-ERROR-MISPRINT-Ampharos-1-115-Rare-Holo-Pokemon-Card-Rarest-Card-Ever-/251664547612?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item3a98603f1c

1 Like

Oh wow, wasn’t expecting it to be the EXACT error. Do you guys have a theory behind these or is it pretty much what I had mentioned?

This is my first post here, so I guess this will also be an introduction of sorts. Here’s mine :blush: Shaun

I assure you that this isn’t a one-of-a-kind printing error. Nor a two-of-a-kind or even a 100-of-a-kind.

Any time something is printed in huge quantities, printing errors like this will happen. Hundreds if not thousands will get through. They should be regarded for what they are — examples of shoddy production — and valued far less than their correctly printed counterparts.

2 Likes

“But Wizards of the Coast sets had such high production quality!!!” said every nostalgic old-school fan ever.

1 Like