Card With Blank Yellow Face

Years ago I opened a pack with one of the cards in it with a normal back, but on the front, the pokemon/trainer/etc wasn’t printed on it. The front is solid yellow.
Over the years I’ve been told that its a cool card, or that its rare, but never has anyone been able to tell me how rare or if its worth anything. Does anyone have any idea?
I recently had someone point this site out to me, so I will have pictures once I am able to dig out my cards and get a picture of it.

Nice! Could we see a picture? :grin:

I will when I get home tonight.

The thing that i feel will be the downside for me is I got it when I was a kid. I was smart enough to put it into a sleeve and hard sleeve, and I know its WoTC era, but because there’s nothing printed on it and I was a kid and didn’t think to make note of it, I don’t know what set it was from…

I am excited to see this!

Sorry for slow reply, took me a bit to figure out how to post the pictures.

Pictures

and now I still didnt do it right…

There we go! pictures

1 Like

Welp I’ve never seen anything like it (take that with a grain of salt), but I imagine if it’s real then you got yourself a real windfall here.

Foul!

They’re pretty rare but not many collectors want to collect them. The appeal alights with variations of the yellow border (blank) misprint cards and blank yellow bordered holo cards (which are often faked).

The last two I saw sold went for $32 in 2013 and $50 in 2015 at auction, so not a huge demand. I remember because I chose not to bid on them. Still an interesting misprint nonetheless :blush:

2 Likes

whenever I ask anyone about this card most of the time peoples only response is exactly what 'M did.
If you don’t think its real then cool, but personally I know it to be real being the one who opened it, so if you could just pretend that you believe me and help me out by giving your advice/opinion on it like Jkanly did, thanks :blush:

1 Like

Does anyone know if they can even grade a card like this?

PSA and BGS won’t grade it, no.

yellow card and yellow top loader : )

Even if it was gradable the centering is so poor I wouldn’t send it in

3 Likes

My company publishes books. Occasionally, our printer makes a mistake and some of the pages in a book come out blank. Those books are worthless.

Why do people think trading cards that are printed blank are valuable?

1 Like

Most of us realize they are useless. A small number like any mistakes.

1 Like

Because your company will catch those blank books and destroy / otherwise remove them before they hit the market.

In a collectable card game, when mistakes rarely escape the factory and make it into product that is sold to the public, it becomes an oddity, and oddities are inherently valuable.

No we won’t. We print thousands copies at a time. It would be incredibly time-consuming to flip through hundreds of thousands of pages to determine whether a handful of books were misprinted. If a customer buys one of the misprinted books, they get a replacement free of charge (and they can keep the misprinted copy).

Trading cards are treated differently, I guess, because we collectors foolishly already assign high values to these mass-printed slips of cardboard. I’m just as guilty of it as anyone else! :rofl:

1 Like

Some people , me included, love errors. Collecting gets boring after a while and we need more vices.

I’ve also sold a bunch of errors that people on here said were worthless. Thankfully eBay buyers disagreed :blush: