One off Team Abra misprint?

Hi all,

Firstly thanks for having me in the forum!
Ive got a card that ive been researching for a while, and i cant find any information on it anywhere and was wondering if anyone could help?

Its a team rocket misprint, it looks as if the printer has dragged yellow across into the white of the card as the lines are still crisp and you can see the writing is printed over the top so it cant be water damage. Also the yellow borders are still crisp and haven’t ran so im confident its a misprint, However i cant find any information on like cards or a value etc.
What is usually the grey/white fog in the background is all yellow, and the yellow head of Abra has the colour dragged across in lines to the left and right of the head.
Anyone have any info on it or know the best place to get valuations etc?
I was going to attach photos but i cant work out how to do it! (It’s been a long day, im probably being stupid)

Cheers!

Do you have photos?

Yes, those types of things happened every so often.
Maybe post a pic? You can do it through imgur.

Is it like this golduck that’s got the yellow where it shouldn’t be? I have several cards that have random yellow on them where there should be none. From what I have gleaned, these yellow spots are one offs, all of mine are on 4 different fossil cards (golduck, mysterious fossil, shelder, and I forgot the last one). I’d love to see yours!

Hi all sorry for the lateness of the reply, been super busy!

How do i actually post pictures on the forum? I have some on my computer but it asked for an image url?

Many thanks!

Ahhh just seen your reply Not Zelda Gilroy!

Ive attached 3 images that should hopefully show it

2 Likes

love it, not super valuable but extremely cool

Yeah i really like it, one to add to the collection!
Why would they not be very valuable if they’re one off’s? Are they quite common? Just out of curiosity how do you find out the value of cards? Is it just a case of sending them off to PSA or is there other methods?

It’s just a feel - the general collecting community isn’t as interested in one-offs. This doesn’t mean that there isn’t the right buyer who just so happens to collect stains and may pay a premium, it’s just that they are unlikely and far and few between.

I say this because I used to think that pokemon card miscuts were not very valuable so I listed a few that I thought were stupid high in price to act as storefront pieces, but then they sold within a day and that’s when I found out that there’s a very small collector base dedicated to miscuts.

A real example and long winded way of saying that niche items can be worth something to specific people, but it’s a “right place at the right time” kind of thing, so it’s hard to pinpoint a value. My advice for you is to come up with a number you think is sufficient for you, don’t back down from it, and hope someone wants it for that price.

2 Likes

Ah okay i get ya! where is a good place to buy and sell cards? I’ve restarted my collection and i typically just buy and sell off of eBay but is there better exposure to collectors etc that may be interested in it?
Thanks for all the advice, i appreciate it!

@hughesmendes,If you want to buy, E4 is a good place. Simply make a buy thread W/ the price you’ll pay then people here will PM you with their payment info.