Blank Yellow Pokémon Cards

Saw these pop up on Reddit, recommended the guy come here to show them off and tell us about them.

Is this the 2020 version of Prototoise?

Sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemoncardcollectors/comments/esd3pr/never_seen_a_card_like_this_helphello_i_recently/

Looks like someone painted a card

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Also what’s Prototoise? I tried googling but didn’t find any pics or much info about it in general.

Those have been around for years. Mine was a 1st ed Charizard, mint shape. :wink:

1 Like

you don’t want to know

6 Likes

Looks painted to me.

2 Likes

There is a pretty easy way to find out if it’s pained, but on the off chance it isn’t, you’d totally destroy the card.

Looks as real as my imaginary friend named Xksajfhasamsahd

1 Like

But now I want to know even more :slightly_frowning_face:

pokemuseum.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/6/0/12603168/2001-pokemon-neo-discovery-usa-pcd-2-sheet_orig.jpg

pokemuseum.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/6/0/12603168/2001-pokemon-neo-discovery-usa-pcd-1-sheet_orig.jpg

most likely from neo discovery packs. I have two myself. Neat card!

8 Likes

Everyone so quick to call it fake but my boy Delibird has delivered the truth!

4 Likes

The all-yellow card are a variation of “filler” card and have been around since the early WOTC era… I can’t speak to this exact copy since I don’t have it in hand, and it’s hard to judge based on photos, but finding another filler card copy isn’t very surprising as I’d imagine plenty came into circulation. The last copy I saw sold for around $80 this past year.

Edit: see Tony’s post above :blush:

2 Likes

And this is why i’m on E4 -wouldn’t buy the card (just like the complete white ones on frontside) but awesome to know the source of these things

1 Like

What are the reasons you wouldn’t like a white front one?

I just love the pokemon artwork, doesn’t make sense to me to buy “blank” cards (& as far as i know these filler cards were not available for the e-series; my main collection focus) + if there were any theres no way to distinguish 'm from other fillers anyways [again; as far as i know]

Also; the sample & FPO cards set me back far enough, really hoping there isn’t more elusive stuff like this that i still gotta add to the collection :wink:

TCA sold an e-series blank a while back. still kicking myself for not buying it.

1 Like

I have also seen these around here and there. They often look weird with any wear on them.And from the Neo sets tend to see that on most

What are all the real blanks that exist out there? That would be a really cool error side goal to have in my opinion

Mjisaacs

I have been working on an updated E4 error guide for awhile now and will post it sometime before the end of this month. But the short of it is:

Blank (potential counterfeits floating are around)
Partial left side border (solid yellow)
Partial right side border (solid yellow)
Solid yellow border
Solid yellow blank card
E-card blank (first I’m hearing of one being circulated by Rusty)
Gray-scale Pokéball filler card
Graduated yellow borders (post 2005 or so)
Graduated right side yellow border
Graduated left side yellow border
WC partial and full bordered blank cards

Any blank holo cards are difficult to authenticate.

3 Likes