Is getting a PSA membership worth it?

Serious question: Is it?

If you are going to send submissions of like 10-20 cards a few times a year then I’d say it’s absolutely worth it. The specials save you quite a bit of money compared to the regular submission costs. The platinum membership comes with 15 free gradings so you don’t get nothing from buying the actual membership itself.

I think it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Worth it.

I like to grade cards mostly for my own collection - but I always grade cards that could be profitable so that I can recover the monetary investment into PSA membership. Like @milhouse said, those specials are great to take advantage of and require a PSA membership.

2 Likes

Though is the form hard to use etc?

1 Like

Not at all. Plenty of people here to help you as well if you are confused.

I’m also interested! My friend from NY send my cards to PSA but I would try to buy a standard membership (10 cards) and send my cards directly from Italy. If someone can help me to complete the psa form I’ll appreciate it!!!
Can I ship the cards to psa with EMS pack?
Thanks.

You need cardsavers though right? :slightly_frowning_face:

You don’t have to pay customs duties for something you already own. Just make sure you keep your proof of posting (shipping) and copy of submission form in case you’re asked to pay duties when the cards are returned to you. Tell them that you shipped the cards to PSA to be graded and encapsulated. This happened to me once before but they released the package when I presented my proof of posting.

3 Likes

I already own the Ultra Pro semi-rigid cards holder. @bagoly14 the customs will be a real problem! I’m 100% sure that I need to pay custom tax (22% of the declared value here in Italy!!!) so if I will put a declared value for each card on the PSA submission form, when the cards will be graded PSA will send my order back insured for the total amount of the value of the cards previously sent.

That doesn’t make sense at all. We have GST (Goods and Services Tax) here in Australia too but I have never been taxed on sending cards for grading. Not even once. You’re getting shafted big time over there my friend. :slightly_frowning_face:

how much is grading a card from PSA with the membership?

@bagoly14 ok thanks, so if I will buy the standard grading service for 10 cards (180$ for the membership) the declared value on the return pack will be 180$ right. Shipping to Europe for 10 cards is 53$. I always use EMS for my psa cards and the return/shipping price is the same, around 50$.

Who sends in your cards?

@garyis2000 Ed know as @ebirdman102

Been doing business with him and been friends since 1999. Great guy:)

I know Ed for about 4 years and it is a very good person! He is the reference point for PSA orders :wink: