Send cards to PSA for grading - from Germay

Hello everyone.

I just saw the video “What Pokemon Cards You Should PSA Grade” of smpratte and it got me motivated to get some cards graded.
In particular, I thought I’d get my 1. Edition Shining Neo Destiny cards graded. I have all 8 of them and here in Germany they sell (ungraded and used) for a couple of hundred Euros! The prices are currently going through the roof. A buddy sold a 1. Edition Light Togetic for 640€ …

Anyway. I’m concerned to send such valuable cards overseas… so I was wondering whether you guys might know how this works and it might calm me down :grin:

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Jan-Henrik

I think if you become a PSA member it is fairly straightforward. You ship to them, they grade them and ship them back to you. $$$ involved for the grading and shipping both ways obviously. Insurance would be wise on the outbound shipment, and PSA actually makes you declare values and always sends the return shipment back insured. If you insure high assuming the best case scenario for grades and the package is lost/destroyed on the way, it would sure suck to lose the cards, but you would end up reimbursed for the insured value.

If you don’t want to handle submitting yourself, the forum offers a PSA submission service where you would send to the forum creator @smpratte

Jst so there’s no confusion, the fourum service through Scott is a submission service, not “grading service”. Your cards would be submitted to PSA.

The forum PSA Grading Service sounds great!
Thanks a lot for the help guys

I did my own submission to PSA in February from the Netherlands. The real hassle is the shipping fees, all the rest are just the PSA fees and are the same for everybody. Shipping to the US cost me € 25.95 and I think PSA calculates $50 for the return. The package (USPS box) went through customs with ease. The shipping label clearly stated ‘graded card returns’. Maybe PSA knows how to do these international shipments properly without flagging customs.

If you are going to receive 40 packages a week from the US it’s a whole different story and customs will hit you, hit you hard. But PSA did a nice job for me and my costs were very close to the prices for services of e.g. Graded Groudon, Smpratte and Trainer Tony (he’s on Youtube).