PSA Grading from Overseas

What happens if I want to get cards graded from outside the US? Would I have to pay import taxes since they are my own product and since the cards are graded the value would go up?

1 Like

Almost impossible to tell because all countries are different.

Fair enough. I guess I didn’t think this through enough. I’ll try and check the laws of the country I live in. If PSA could basically not disclose the true value I’d be ok, but I’m not sure if it’s possible.

I dont know where you are from, but if you decide to ship it yourself you will not have to pay import taxes, since it is your own product. PSA puts the receipt in the box of you shipping it and them returning it after giving a service. You sometimes have to pay import taxes on the service. This is the case for The Netherlands and I think it is also the case for the rest of the EU.

What I would recommend is using a grading service such as gradedgem or ludkins. They are faster, less hassle, most of the time they have the same price as grading yourself.

1 Like

As above - Highly recommend middleman services like Ludkins Collectables for those living in Europe.

I’ve had my own PSA account for close to six months now, and the amount of misery i’ve endured with Fedex and US Customs so far, has almost not made it worth it. I still continue to send 100+ cards a month with Ludkins as it’s SO much easier and saves me time! :blush:

www.ludkinscollectables.com/psa-grading

2 Likes

Yes and no. It depends on where you’re from, but for most EU countries (assuming you’re European) you would have to do some ground work before shipping/having them graded to avoid paying import fees, which can be a tedious (but not impossible) process and it will probably also cost you a bit, but likely less than using a middleman. A middleman removes the headache and saves you a lot of time.

If you’re from the UK, I would recommend you using Ludkins UK as they’re simply the best. However, if you’re not from the UK, but still from the EU, I’d use Graded Gem Germany. Ludkins UK are very vague about how they are/will be dealing with Brexit for us Europeans, so until that’s sorted I’d refrain from using them, because importing from the UK could also potentially mean import fees.

If you’re unable to dodge import fees by either doing it yourself or finding a “local” middleman. You could find a person in Murica as a middleman, and ask them to look at the import value and maybe do some stuff there :wink:

@thymeee, @professorstephen, @mads,

I’m in Korea, so I’m not sure if the services you have suggested will work, but I can look into them and see how they work.

I have a reshipper in the US that I could use, but I’d have to make up a value for the cards I suppose.

Iirc PSA opened an office in Japan that maybe even has smaller turnaround times. Have not heard anything since they supposedly opened a few years ago. Maybe look a bit into that office/costs/turnaround times. And of course you can just ship to PSA usa, you can do a little comparing to see what suits you best.

1 Like

@bulgogi, What you’re saying could work and it’s definitely done before, but it’s also the riskiest one, because if the cards go lost you’re screwed. However, if you’re in South Korea I’d look into using PSA in Japan.