IONO WHAT POKEMON IS THINKING.. (SV2 discussion)

I do have to wonder how in-tune Pokemon is regarding the TCG, and my hunch is that they’re very much in-tune more than some folks think on specific aspects, like health of the game, how this impact the TCG but also the company as a whole, that sort of thing. I dunno, I feel like for such a huge franchise, there’s definitely teams and people that have to assess how cards are going to impact based on numerous things. Like it’s not willy-nilly, there’s reasons for anything the company does.

I could be wrong, and that’s kind of only for the creation and the playable cards part. So that’s my hunch on the playable Iono, but the art Iono and SA is probably a different story, and that’s probably the area where it’s more up to collectors and can’t be controlled too much. That’s just my thoughts, like I said, I could be wrong – but I just don’t know about the idea that a huge franchise doesn’t know what they’re doing. So I guess we’ll just have to see how things go! Can’t wait for the other Iono cards! Just to see them, maybe not able to buy them though. :')

3 Likes

They know exactly what they’re doing to keep the JP sets successful. Aside from perhaps Pokémon GO and Dark Fantasma, TPC has been on a winning streak (i.e. sold out) since Shiny Star V in November 2020. That was 24 sets ago

6 Likes

i can’t speak on TPC, but i know there are veteran players who now work for TPCI

TPCI, unlike most other CCG, takes great consideration of the impact of cards on the meta. I can’t see how this card will have such a limited print that it will be hard to get. NOW, I’m curious to see what the more necessary supporter will be (perhaps we already know) the Lysandre/gust/scoop-up equivalents.

EVEN then, I’m sure they’ll print enough to satisfy the meta. However, that does not necessarily mean they’ll print Full arts and Alt Arts… So that might not satisfy the demand to keep cost low-ish. IDK. One reason I’m not bullish on any modern full arts.

2 Likes

Shiny Star V was 24 sets ago?!?!? Feels like just yesterday

2 Likes

i hope they print tulip with some broken effect for psychic pokemon

Bling decks went from being like $1000 at the highest end when i started to being like $10,000. Imagine telling grandma your pokemon card duelling deck is worth 10k

2 Likes

https://www.pokebeach.com/2023/03/forretress-ex-annihilape-ex-bellibolt-ex-mimikyu-from-snow-hazard-and-clay-burst

New exs announced! The first grass forretress card since 2006!

2 Likes

hopefully mimi gets an AR

handsome snail revealed

https://www.pokebeach.com/2023/03/wo-chien-ex-flamigo-illustrator-rare-and-more-from-snow-hazard-and-clay-burst

quite a few other cards revealed, but notably, we see another AR. this time with Flamigo

Fr9cdDsaEAEfrIC
1509_AR082_0973KARAMINGO

and a couple nice looking stadium artworks

1508_U070_T_WazawaiNoYukiyama_ol
1509_U070_T_WazawaiNoKouya_ol

5 Likes

What I want to know is where in the hell are Girafarig and Farigiraf???

3 Likes

It might be in the set.

There’s a card after Flamigo which can only be 1 of 3 Pokemon - Farigiraf, Dudunsparce or Iron Jugulis - and it gets an AR.

Considering Dudunsparce is in the other set with an AR already and Iron Jugulis would most likely get an ex, I’d bet it’s Farigiraf.

The only weird thing would be it would evolve from a Psychic Girafarig into a Normal Farigiraf which seems odd.

2 Likes

Love the art on those stadiums.

2 Likes

Good to see Wo Chien make its appearance. I would have been shocked if it was left out.

1 Like

Quick map of the sets (as of March 25, 2023)

SV2D Clay Burst

SV2P Snow Hazard

2 Likes

Didn’t know the Jumpluff line was revealed. Art looks great on them!

interesting that there seems to be no water in clay burst, but there is fighting in snow hazard. i’m guessing maybe there wont be any ground/rock types. idk tho since technically snow and water are different in the game, but not in the tcg just like ground/fighting.

Ceruledge Art Rare? :eyes:

2 Likes

such a lovely art that reminds me of the area where i first found a charcadet

2 Likes

https://www.pokebeach.com/2023/03/copperajah-ex-from-snow-hazard

Copperajah ex revealed!