Interactive Tierlist / Ranking: e-series holos

After a long time I came back to create a Tierlist for you all, this time, all e-series Holos from Expedition, Aquapolis and Skyridge!
Feel free to create your own ranking with the link below and share it with us:

Here is my Tierlist:

For me:
SSS, S, A: My absolute favourites
B : Still phenomenal artworks
C : Great artworks, representing e-series very well
D, E, F : Minor to major flaws, not really interesting to me (sorry Yuka Morii, somewhat I dislike the clay figures blank with holo)

Lets have fun and discuss about our favourite and least favourite e-series Holos!

11 Likes

7 Likes

Here’s my take. Overall, e-series has phenomenal artwork and I really like almost all of the cards! For that reason I tried to pick the higher ranks more selectively and really the only cards I don’t care for are in D tier. The Arcanine stands at the top for me because it’s a card that never fails to draw me in, and it’s done by one of my favorite artists. I also want to give the Electrode some love because I feel like making a poppy, eye catching art of such a simple Pokemon is hard and I think a great job was done here.

4 Likes

Yes thats fair, eseries after all was an era with incredible artworks, which I fully agree, the in my opinion strongest era of vintage, artworkwise

3 Likes

There are so many really good cards from this series. I may need to readjust my voting.

2 Likes

my take

2 Likes

Skyridge Rhydon is missing, so had to add that one…

Here’s mine.

Some of the cards in C/D/E tiers could be swapped around or ranked differently inside their tier depending on the day, but on the whole, that’s where I stand with the late WoTC overachievers.

Only the cards that I feel are boring or badly placed/proportioned ended up in E tier (and yes, Expedition Gengar is there because he looks like a meth addict).

5 Likes

HAHA Rhydon deez … nah, thank you so much for pointing it out. Good eye to spot Rhydon missing. I made a new list with him included and updated my post, so the updated list is linked.

6 Likes

at least 4 of the crystals would be in S tier or better too

5 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

I feel slightly hurt not seing a card in SSS, as a e-series connoisseur

7 Likes

Expedition feraligatr getting the love this valentines day :heart:

7 Likes

On the contrary, I think that is what makes it good. You have a diverse set of mostly A tier art. I treated A as A+ and B as A-

But because so few cards stand out significantly, the whole package is made a lot better. In contrast to something like Championships Path where there’s literally only one good card.

5 Likes

Going through this made me realize just how hard Kusajima went in this era.

7 Likes

Thats actually a big motivation for me to do tierlists. I want people to see, go through and think about the great cards of an era or time.

4 Likes

E-series is the best era of Pokemon art

7 Likes

I think there’s some weird art direction going on. For instance kyoko umemoto had a style that I loved, but totally not appropriate for fluffy/furry characters like flareon or arcanine imo, but arcanine placed higher due to better background. (I wonder how artists get assigned certain pokemon.)

I also ranked cards lower that I thought were a poor treatment of fan favourites like venusaur, raichu, and charizard.

And that blissey card always reminds me of homer backing into the hedges.

3 Likes

It’s up there. Perhaps a new poll? Or has that been done?

I only did cards I really, really enjoy. This is the cream of the crop for me.
There are only a few holo’s I dislike, which is why I’ve collected e-series for the longest time.

5 Likes