Pokemon TCG Set Tier List Maker/Ranking: 1999 - 2020

I created a Tier list that you can complete. Every English Set from Base to Sun Moon Cosmic Eclipse is in there (+ the Japanese Exclusive VS Set).

It took quite a while to make, I wanted to do it because there was no good one yet :blush:. Have fun, I would love to see your List in here!

tiermaker.com/create/pokemon-tcg-every-set-expansion-tier-list-237588

11 Likes

At some point all the sets started to look the same (I’m looking at you D&P/B&W), but overall that was surprisingly fun to do so thank you for this. :blush:

Really curious to see how others’ lists look!

1 Like

No Problem! Thanks for sharing your list :blush: glad to see Neo Destiny and Skyridge on top!

Ready to see nobody rank a set after 2009 above B rank despite some obvious classics in the making…

5 Likes

I had a lot of fun making this list. Would love to see one for Japanese sets if anyone has the time. :blush:

10 Likes

Thanks for making this! This was super fun looking back at all the different expansions through all the years

Damn it, you beat me to it lol

3 Likes

As always, my lists are objective.

Tiers are in no particular order.

S++ : Deoxys Space Fissure VS Movie Pack 2004

1 Like

Great idea! I had fun with it. Some of the sets all blended together.

3 Likes

I only listed sets I know well or collect, nor do I think neo revelation is a perfect set, it just sets the bar :grin:

Supreme victorieeees! Yes!

1 Like

I had a lot of fun filling this out. I only did about 40~50% of them as I really don’t know what came in all the other one’s that I left out, but as far as my favorites and the one’s that I disliked the most you can see are apparent in this (= but yeah! It was a lot of fun IMO!

Love this idea, thanks for making it! But I’m really perturbed about how low everybody is ranking Double Crisis… :sob: (Small set, great artwork, the return of trainer’s Pokemon - what’s not to love?!)

I excluded sets I’m not wholly familiar with. I have a bit of hatred for later sets that use copy/pasted Ken Sugimori artwork on plain backgrounds, I think it’s super lazy. My list is inspired by childhood nostalgia, peaks in my interest throughout the years, awesome artwork and overall card design. I hate XY Evolutions the most, lol.

1 Like

This was a lot of fun! Thanks for making this.

*Tiermaker covered: Ex Holon Phantoms and Ex Dragon Frontiers