Info Charizard & Mew Gold Star PSA 10 English

Hello everybody!
i was far away from the hobby for so long and now that i saw my collection again with more passion I decided to make some change.
I would love to get more WOTC stuff instead Nintendo ones. I became more nostalgic than nostalgic :rofl:

Anyway i would like to sell my gold star cards but i cannot find anywhere a right price. I’m seeing online that the minimum Zard on sale is at 40ish thousand $ and i had seen long time ago a Mew sold at 12ish.
Is there anyone more into the hobby than me (and expert of course) that can help me finding a fair price and a way to sell them in a safe way?

I’m not american (I’m from Italy) so that’s why my last question.
Thank you in advance for your help and if this post is not in the right spot please let me know that!

2 Likes

Use this website to check recent sales: https://tcgfish.com

I would recommend selling your cards through a consignment company like PWCC (@smpratte), Rusty at TCAGaming, Z&G Emporium, or Probstein.

5 Likes

Hi!
thank you for your response.
Actually even the website has very few info about my research (on sale/sold).
I wouldn’t love to go for auctions here but i have to get information about the consignment companies (fees and how to proceed from Italy)

Anyway whoever can give me more stats or recently found sales on private is very appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you again, please i’m looking for numbers or ranges.
Just in case, is it possible to contact you in private? @smpratte

Awesome cards!

These are more realistic prices i would say.
Charizard is around 20-25k
Mew is around 6-7k

Good luck on the sales!

Thank you :slight_smile: I thought Mew was more expensive actually than 6/7 K. I saw a more recent sale to 12ish. Does anyone know about this sale?

I saw the last sale of Zard at 29ish ad on sale at 40. Why did it drop to 20? lol
I’m not criticizing what you said. I just replied my little knowledge on 'em

1 Like

The $40,000 Charizard gold star sale was not real. The seller relisted it. Pokemon EX Dragon Frontiers Gold Star Charizard PSA 10 Gem Mint | eBay

@bill’s range is pretty correct. These cards do not sell often. We’re looking at $6k-$8k for Mew and $17k-$27k for Charizard.

Mew Gold Star

Charizard Gold Star

6 Likes

Those sales were also at the peak, I’d imagine they’d be slightly lower now

Surprisingly enough, I’ve seen an uptick in gold stars recently.

4 Likes

I keep a close eye on the Gold Star market and can say @bill is correct about the Mew’s price being 6-7k in PSA 10. I know of two private sales at exactly that range.

2 Likes

Messaged!

1 Like

I think the prices you’re referencing were close to peak (I could be wrong), but for consignments, you can hit up @smpratte as he makes it extremely easy to list on PWCC.

By easy, I mean, we basically send him cards and he sends us money once sold :joy:

2 Likes

Yup, especially Mew :star:… Have even seen people wanting to trade other gold stars like Mewtwo :star: for Mew :star:!

Wonder why the sudden surge in demand for Mew :star:??

Precisely why I don’t continue to use tcgfish (after first few attempts to try it out). Because it is not comprehensive enough and missing many important sales data that it misrepresented a wrong picture of the card’s market.

I spoke to TCGfish,
he is working on an update that will capture all FB marketplace deals, IG private deals and even local trades! Just give it a shot you’ll be shocked

5 Likes

Curious how this would work? Are they manually entered?

There is no way to get real data from marketplaces other than eBay, PWCC, HA, and Goldin. Craigslist/FB Marketplace/any other marketplace the seller could tell you it sold for whatever number with no proof.

1 Like

Its a joke

7 Likes

1999 2000 fossil sales just aren’t getting put on the site. Raichu being easy and sells regularly enough with nothing showing. If you could pass that on too thanks. It would be nice if it captured sales of these and the others. Example articuno psa 7 sold on ebay with again no record.

1 Like

yeah sorry fellas, I was just messing around.

TCGfish is easily the best tool we’ve had and we still get people who like to be contrarian

9 Likes

I forgot I have to be very precise and detailed with my words. I simply cannot assume people will understand.

Editted my earlier msg here.

1 Like

In this world, you can’t expect everyone to agree with you.

Even friends don’t agree with each other on everything, let alone we’re strangers on the internet.

1 Like