Index of Pokemon Autographs

Goal

I’ve found there is no real source of truth for autographs so wanted to document a list to be used as a tool for identication of Pokemon-related autographs.

Contribute

Please feel free to suggest autos/styles (i.e. Ishihara has 3 different autos) to be added and whether an autograph is fake.

Disclaimer

Most of these autographs are screenshots of ones I have seen online and I do not have the original attribution.
If you see one of yours and don’t want it shown on here or want credit, please let me know and I will update the list.

Autographs

Artist Autograph Image(s) Note Attribution
0313 0313
@visitkanto
Aknouchi Aknouchi
アクノウチ. Dark-type Pokémon researcher. Assistant/coworker of Dr. Sameji at some Pokémon events. @thecardcenter
Atsuko Nishida Atsuko Nishida
Atsuko Nishida
Atsuko Nishida
Atsushi Nagashima Atsushi Nagashima
From a Game Mania Utrecht giveaway. Only 20 copies given out. @pokesignature
Barbara Lourenco Barbara Lourenco
ortuguese voice actress for Ash and Jessie for the Advanced season, 2002-2006 @quuador
Benimaru Itoh Benimaru Itoh
Christopher Rush Christopher Rush
Craig Turvey Craig Turvey
Dr Sameji Dr Sameji
Eric Stuart Eric Stuart
Voice actor
Erica Schroeder Erica Schroeder
Voice actor for Nurse Joy zork
Eske Yoshinob Eske Yoshinob
Gemi Gemi
@lorepalazz
Gidora Gidora
Dread
Haganezawa Haganezawa
ハガネザワ. Steel-type Pokémon researcher. Assistant/coworker of Dr. Sameji at some Pokémon events. @quuador
Haru Akasaka Haru Akasaka
Hideaki Hakozaki Hideaki Hakozaki
@thundermoo
Hironobu Yoshida Hironobu Yoshida
Hironobu Yoshida
Hironobu Yoshida
@hcd (only energy is mine)
Hitoshi Ariga Hitoshi Ariga
Ikue Otani Ikue Otani
Voice actress of Pikachu in the anime for all languages, as well as other minor roles and quite a few Japanese Pokémon
Iwao Kazumasa Iwao Kazumasa
@pokesignature
Jason Paige Jason Paige
Singer of the Pokemon theme song
Jay Goede Jay Goede
Voice actor for Mewtwo @visitkanto
Junichi Masuda Junichi Masuda
Kagamaru Himeno Kagamaru Himeno
@hcd
Kawayoo Kawayoo
Keiko Fukuyama Keiko Fukuyama
@ShiriusuSutaa
Ken Sugimori Ken Sugimori
Ken Sugimori
Ken Sugimori
@smpratte
Kieji Kinebuchi Multiple of these have popped over the years but since the artist passed away in 2003, there is no real form of provenance.
Kimiya Masago Kimiya Masago
Kirisaki Kirisaki
Kouchi Ooyama Kouchi Ooyama
Kouki Saitou Kouki Saitou
Masakazu Fukuda Masakazu Fukuda
Masakazu Fukuda
Masayuki Miura Masayuki Miura
@pokesignature
Michael Haigney Michael Haigney
English voice actor
Midori Harada Midori Harada
Mike Boozer Mike Boozer
Dark Master Trainer Mike. He was a WotC representative and was present at Pokémon events in the early WotC days @quuador
Mike Gills Mike Gills
Mike Gills (WOTC manager of organized play) @quuador
Miki Tanaka Miki Tanaka
@iroh
Mitsuhiro Arita Mitsuhiro Arita
@hcd
Mizue Mizue
@swolepoke
Morimoto Morimoto
Nelnal Nelnal
@pokesignature
Oswaldo Kato Oswaldo Kato
Raquel Rosmaninho Raquel Rosmaninho
Portuguese voice actress of Ash and Jessie for the DP era onward @quuador
Richard Walkoski Richard Walkoski
Aka Big Daddy Snorlax (BDS). Ran Pokemon tournaments @quuador
Ryuta Fuse Ryuta Fuse
@effectspore
Sanosuke Sakuma Sanosuke Sakuma
@swolepoke
Sarah Natochenny Sarah Natochenny
Satoshi Tajiri Satoshi Tajiri
@roberttheotherweasley
Saya Tsuruta Saya Tsuruta
@swolepoke
Shibuzoh Shibuzoh
@lorepalazz
Shigeru Ohmori Shigeru Ohmori
@pokesignature
Shinichi Samejima Shinichi Samejima
Aka ‘Fake Dr. Ooyama’. Here is a picture of him and Kouchi Ooyama side by side from the Japanese Pokémon Trainer’s Magazine Vol. 3.
So-taro So-taro
@pokesignature
Steven Kam Steven Kam
Aka Dark Master. Was the WOTC manager of the marketing department @quuador
Stuart Zagnit Stuart Zagnit
Voice actor for Profesor Oak
Suwama Chiaki Suwama Chiaki
@wooderboodle
Takeshi Shudo Takeshi Shudo
Taku Anekawa Taku Anekawa
Takumi Akabane Takumi Akabane
@hcd
Taneichi Masumi Taneichi Masumi
A commentator in 64 Mario Stadium broadcasted in Tokyo,
Teeziro Teeziro
Dread
Tokyia Tokyia
Tomoaki Imakuni Tomoaki Imakuni
@hcd
Tomokazu Komiya Tomokazu Komiya
Toshihiro Ono Toshihiro Ono
@ShiriusuSutaa
Toshinao Aoki Toshinao Aoki
Tsugoyoshi Yamato Tsugoyoshi Yamato
Pokémon TCG Master Division (ages 15+) World Champion of 2004 - minor note: this signature (大和魂, which means Japanese spirit or Spirit of Yamato) is different than the signature one he used for the 2004 World Championship Deck Magma Spirit, which was 大和嗣佳, his actual name) @quuador
Tsunekazu Ishihara Tsunekazu Ishihara
Tsunekazu Ishihara
Tsunekazu Ishihara
Tsunekazu Ishihara
@antoniogr (the playmat with pika sketch)
Unknown Pcl A Unknown Pcl A
If you know, please share! @hcd
Veronica Taylor Veronica Taylor
Voice of Ash
Yuji Kitano Yuji Kitano
From a Game Mania Utrecht giveaway. Only 20 copies given out. @pokesignature
Yuka Morii Yuka Morii
Yukinori Torii Yukinori Torii
Yusuke Ishikawa Yusuke Ishikawa
Yusuke Kozaki Yusuke Kozaki
@iroh
Yuta Otani Yuta Otani
Aka PLANETA Otani
Yuyama Yuyama
32 Likes

VERY cool! Best wishes on your journey. This is a really neat project, and a great resource for the fourum!

I’ll add, the english Arita is not present, so here’s my most typical example, but there is probably one with a clearer background somewhere.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you’re only considering the auto itself and not sketches? Here is mine

4 Likes

Why did they fold the pack like that :sob:

2 Likes

I can get some scans of my Fukuda signed cards if you want to add those to the list. I have English and Japanese signatures

2 Likes

How they used to do pack grading, unfortunately.

Thanks, I’ll add the English variant!

1 Like

I’m going to pass on sketches unless they are a constant part of the person’s auto (i.e. Morimoto) in order to not bloat this list.

That is a sick Ho-oh sketch though!

1 Like

I don’t know how I forgot Fukuda lol. I’ll add the JP variant but I don’t recall seeing an English one so would definitely appreciate a scan – thanks!

1 Like

Is this a collection of artist signatures or anyone involved, at any capacity, with Pokemon?

Half of the autos shown are from people who are not actual artist for Pokemon.

Also the Satoshi Tajiri auto isn’t authentic. That Machoke was a confirmed forgery years ago.

8 Likes

I was just going to with anyone related to Pokemon (I assumed any autographs that E4 members would actually be collecting). I don’t personally collect English autographs (voice actors, WOTC people, etc.) hence why I don’t have any on the list yet.

Re the Tajiri: didn’t know it was fake, thank you for letting me know. I assume these are real so can try to grab a screenshot

Great resource! I’m sure it will prove helpful to people new to autographs

I don’t know if an image for Kinebuchi should be shown since none haven been truly confirmed as authentic

4 Likes

Fair point, I’ll remove the Kinebuchi then. I’ve seen a handful of these ones on English cards which appear to be numbered out of 10 but I don’t think there will ever be a way for us to know if they are real :-/

I think you can keep the row withn the disclaimer about the authenticity but remove the image. The null data is still useful info for people that maybe don’t know that he died

2 Likes

What type of autographs are you going for in this overview? I see it isn’t limited to just Japanese illustrators, since I see for example Aknouchi among them.

But will you include autographs from for example voice actors/actresses; drawing contest winners (like Art Academy, Poké Card Creator Contest, etc.); or World Championship finalist/winners; etc.? And only Japanese, or also English (and perhaps from other countries)?

And to already start contributing: I see you have Aknouchi (アクノウチ) among them, who is the Dark-Type Pokémon researcher, but there is also Haganezawa (ハガネザワ), the Steel-Type Pokémon researcher. Both of them were assistants/coworkers of Dr. Sameji at some Pokémon events. Here below a picture with Haganezawa’s signature on the right (and Aknouchi, which you already have in your list, on the left):

And here is also a signature from Shinichi Samejima, aka “Fake Dr. Ooyama”. OOYAMA and Dr. Ooyama were both alter egos of Kouchi Ooyama, and Fake Dr. Ooyama was an alter ago of Shinichi Samejima. Here is also a picture of both of them side by side, taken from the Japanese Pokémon Trainer’s Magazine vol. 3.
EDIT: Actually, you already have a “Fake Dr. Ooyama” signature in your list, but you incorrectly listed it at Kouchi Ooyama instead of Shinichi Samejima.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Thanks, added them and fixed the Ooyama / Shinichi ones!

The goal scope is to include autographs related to Pokemon (not including the E4 auto exchange, YouTubers, etc. or this list would get bloated!).

I haven’t included voice actors, contest winners, TCG winners, and WOTC people yet just bc I didn’t have them in my original list. I think we should add them but maybe do a hierarchy. Potentially one table for illustrators, one for voice actors, etc.

3 Likes

yo can I get credit for my Miki Tanaka, Kozaki and Nelnal? Thanks

4 Likes

Just added them, didn’t have the source saved on my phone – thank you!

I actually already switched the Nelnal a bit earlier on my end for one with a white background so it is easier to distinguish

In that case, here are the first few:

Veronica Taylor (voice actress of Ash; Delia (Ash’s mom), May, as well as some Pokémon like Diglett, Goldeen, and Sentret; and some other minor roles in the English anime until the end of season 8 - aka first three generations):

Ikue Ōtani (voice actress of Pikachu in the anime for all languages, as well as other minor roles and quite a few Japanese Pokémon) - the image below is not mine, but it’s a picture I saved (here some more):

Sarah Natochenny (voice actress in the English anime who took over from Veronica Taylor; so she’s the voice actress of Ash, Delia, and other minor characters and Pokémon since 2006):

Jason Paige (singer of the season 1 English anime opening):

Tsuguyoshi Yamato (Pokémon TCG Master Division (ages 15+) World Champion of 2004 - minor note: this signature (大和魂, which means Japanese spirit or Spirit of Yamato) is different than the signature one he used for the 2004 World Championship Deck Magma Spirit, which was 大和嗣佳, his actual name):

Here a card with multiple signatures:

Mitsuhiro Arita (the illustrator of this artwork):

Mike Boozer, aka “Dark Master Trainer Mike” (a WotC representative who was present at Pokémon events in the early WotC days, and who is also well-known for spreading the rumors and pictures of the Prerelease Raichu):

Mike Gills, aka “Master Trainer Mike” (a manager for Pokémon Organized Play):

Steven Kam, aka “Dark Master Steven” (a manager of the marketing department for WotC, who also attended a lot of events in the early WotC days) (NOTE: this signature is sideways, so you might want to rotate 90 degrees):

Richard Walkoski, aka “Big Daddy Snorlax” (a top level Pokémon TCG tournament organizer and judge):

Yukinori Torii (one of the many Pokémon Card Laboratory employees, whom handle the Research & Development of the Pokémon TCG, and are basically the creators of the Pokémon TCG in Japan. Yukinori Torii showed some of his e-Reader cards at certain events, and he also worked on many Pokémon-related games):

Raquel Rosmaninho (the Portuguese voice actress of Ash and Jessie for the DP era onward):

Bárbara Lourenço (the Portuguese voice actress for Ash and Jessie for the Advanced season, 2002-2006):

And I do have a few more signatures, but I either haven’t identified them completely yet (three more Pokémon Card Laboratory employees), or they’re not too relevant for this list (like Ponyta Ishii, one of the hosts of the Official Japanese Pokémon Card YouTube channel, or Chumlee of Pawn Stars).

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes

Thanks! Added most of these. Will do a second run through and add descriptions when I have more time.

Also, I’ll add photos of some of the unidentified PCL ones I have too.

1 Like