Hyper Rare Charizard Price

I remember when hyper rare Charizard came out and we discussed its high price and how many people thought rhe price would go down. It is still quite expensive.

I personally don’t want to pay $200+ for that card. Do you think the price will go down?

Personally, I think the price should go down for a new card like that. But what I think doesn’t matter; does the market think it should be a $400 card? Yup!

It’s a ridiculously hard card to pull…
with an huge demand.

It’s not like the full art mega charizard ex from evolutions that you pulled from every other booster box.

The odds of pulling one is 1 in 24 booster boxes. Not packs, but freaking 36 pack boxes. That’s 1:864 odds of pulling one out of a single pack.

It’s healthy for the collector’s market, it’s given us a chase card in the era when modern English doesn’t have many.

If you dont want to pay $400+ for it, fine. No one is forcing you to, but don’t complain when you don’t have one.

People who thought it would drop in price were just wishfull thinking. If you’ve been in this hobby for a while you would see it coming a mile away.

It’s like all those people who slept on the reprint charizard when it was $3. I couldn’t believe it, but I was glad all those people slept on it and bought over 300 of them. At $3 a pop I knew I’d never lose any money on them. It had the same art work as the base one, no brainer.

1 Like

Hyper rare zard is in a unique position.

It’s a card which serious collectors don’t really want and we’re now at 513 PSA 10 copies in just a year of the card being released… it will never be a hard card to come by even though it’s pull rate is super low.

Because of this in the log-term the card can’t explode in value. Burning shadows has a colossal print run and is still being printed. I really think the card will stagnate and begin to drop, then you’ll see a million people trying to offload their copies.

I think the card should be considerably more expensive than other hyper rares but I don’t think its future is that special.

1 Like

I’m not complaining. I’m saying I don’t think the card is worth that much so I don’t want to buy it. I frequently don’t buy stuff in lots of parts of life that I could afford, but don’t, since I don’t think it’s a good value

Just seems strange to me that a brand new card costs just as much as some of the WOTC cards

Same here, thats why i sold mine about a month ago and bought a psa 10 shining charizard instead

I want one of these too because they look pretty cool in person but I think I’ll wait :wink:

I bought the Japanese version for $60. In my opinion the Japanese one is of superb quality. It’s in better condition and made with better card stock and foil. I don’t understand the English versions price to be honest.

4 Likes

The number of people I know who have bought multiple Burning Shadows booster boxes in an attempt to pull the Zard is ridiculous, they’d have been best just buying a 10 outright.

Despite the pretty ridiculous pull rates its consolidated by the ongoing print run, it won’t be all that long until there is a population of 1000, although even then Charizard plays by its own rules.

1 Like

Im thinking of going this route as well. Is the Japanese art exactly the same as far as how it has a textured/embossed surface?

The Japanese hyper rares/full arts do not have the same textured surface as the English versions. They feel “flat”. Otherwise the artwork is the same. I am not sure how much cheaper it will be to buy a Japanese version though. Many hyper rare cards and full art supporters seem more expensive on eBay in my experience. Maybe because more people are selling the English cards.

1 Like

I’ve gone through 2 booster boxes. I plan on trying one more booster box until I just go out and buy one. Maybe buy both Japanese and English?

Just to help you make a choice, the Japanese hyper rares and full arts are textured, they’re just not embossed as deeply as English cards.

1 Like

I also thought value would drop a lot more by now, but I think people underestimate demand for this card. Even if it reaches a pop of 1000+, the market can easily absorb it. It’s the Base Charizard of this generation. I’m starting to think it might not drop below $300 for PSA 10 copies… unless a super badass Charizard card comes out in the near future to replace it.

I would say finely tuned texture, opposed to flat.