Japanese Charizard VMax Promo 104

I’ve been following the prices for this card for the last 2 weeks and it hasn’t moved from the $8800/£6700 region (eBay prices).
Obviously a new card and limited amount of cards available and this is first Japanese Charizard of recent times where I feel it’s completely out of my price range (budget).
I’m just wondering what everyone’s opinion is on this card whether this is a massively hyped card how can a 2020 card be worth this insane amount of money?! Or you think let the prices come down and pull the trigger (if they do come down!).
I welcome varied opinions on it as I even thought sell some cards off to fund the card but equally thought one 2020 card vs probably 10-20 cards (Old PSA 10 cards) is a bad trade off.
Anyway thanks for reading :blush:

yes

Yes to what part? You think it’s a massively hyped card? Thanks

I will follow this thread :+1:t3: Nice topic!

Its an obvious wait and see scenario with this card.

1. Champions Path *might* have an English HR release but we’ll only know closer to the release date on the 25th September. If English has it, then the value will more or less drop compared to if its Japanese exclusive because you remove all the English-only/Charizard collectors to ever picking up this card in Japanese.

2. There will be 600 more copies being distributed in September when the lottery winners are announced. Not all copies will be available for sale but looking at this current scenario where winners are selling so quick, I can see more than 100 copies entering the market for sale then and all those charizards will appear within a short period of time because all 600 will be distributed at the same time and not in stages like the ones on the market now.

Basically just hold on to your emotions and wait it out. I might be totally wrong and the price keeps going up even after the 600 has been released but common sense suggests wait-and-see.

Good luck :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the post :blush:I’m definitely hoping there is an English HR Charizard. I realise there are more cards on the horizon and it is quite possible that it will be included in the Champions Path but I also think a lot of people see the Japanese version to be rarer/more desirable which it is.
Anyway perhaps it is a waiting game but I still need to fund it …somehow!

If I got one I would sell it immediately.
I wouldn’t do that with any card I thought had a good chance of climbing/maintaining value.
But I have been wrong before

It’s a charizard. Pop number doesn’t matter. It’s called organic growth.

Im on the hype side I bought one now and if later can get a lottery one for better price will buy another it will go up in value as the other lottery and award cards it’d been doing over the last years like mewtwo and zekrom

Three somewhat relevant data points:

• The 103/S-P version was selling for over $2,000 when it first came out but now isn’t selling when listed for half that amount in Japan;
  • The Mercari listings that contain both the 103/S-P and 104/S-P card which cannot be bought directly through Buyee seem to remain unsold at 600,000 JPY but 630,000 JPY copies which are buyable through Buyee are selling - this implies to me that people in Japan don’t value them as high as people who are using proxy sites like Buyee (although that may be pure coincidence);
  • The 104/S-P version alone was selling for over $8,000 when they first came out but now sets containing both cards are sitting unsold at 600,000 JPY (~$5650).

There are 8 different sets I can see listed for around 600,000 JPY on various different sites which are currently sitting unsold, and we’re only 1 month into the 3 month contest (meaning these cards are still being distributed), so I can imagine they will have to fall in price soon as nobody is buying them any more.

Outside of Japan people are still buying these from drop-shippers for $8,000+. Sellers like japan_gift_services and toyko_life are making a fantastic profit out of this by selling to people who simply don’t know or don’t care that they’re not worth that amount Japan.

1 Like

Thanks for the post. I’ve been tracking the prices daily and the 103 S-P card on Aug 4th was £1350 and today it’s £800ish. This is only based on eBay prices I’m still expecting the price to keep coming down as you say the competitions are still running so more cards will hopefully flood the market driving the price down!
The hyper rare 104 S-P card has dropped about £1000 since Aug 4th so again I’m playing the long game!
I’ve been focusing on other cards lately and adding some gems to my collection as looking/chasing insane prices imo for s-p cards isn’t what makes me happy!