How do i delete this thred?

soo getting this card authenticated but really would like to get an idea if im getting my hopes up or not
what do you all think iv looked at alot of signatures and it looks pretty good

thing thats interesting is English name, Japanese name no Pikachu

where most examples is jp, english

2 Likes

100% a fake.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

11 Likes

Absolutely fake.

You can check it against any of these autographs and immediately see the mistakes.

4 Likes

That’s a genuine ben sugimoto! :wink:

14 Likes

Welcome to e4! If you use the search function on the website, you will see a lot of threads on autos, in addition to what @Dyl posted specifically for Ken Sugimori. Best of luck on your hunt!

1 Like

you guys sure iv been comparing signatures for an hour and i dont think its that off looks fluid start and stops look good

what am i missing

please elaborate it looks really close in my eyes what is throwing you off??

What aspects of the signature lead you to believe it’s authentic?

2 Likes

just looks real close

It is not legitimate. If you want a couple of obvious indicators:

• he signs the kanji above his English character name
  • he signs on an upward angle as shown above
  • the spacing between the kanji characters in your autograph is way too wide

6 Likes

humm pretty good points i see alot of hihs signatures upward angle
and his kanji is always first
the spacing i dont think is a huge deal

idk i still have a sliver of hope just going off how everything starts and stops his K and M,G,S are pretty consistent

same with alot of his kanji

s-l400
this one here pretty straight

regardless i greatly appreciate your replys! it just looks pretty decent to me but i guesss i have the hopes and dream eyes ha iv had this card for about 9 years and i bought it from a pokemon vendor at a convention said his firend got it signed at a event think i paid like 80 bucks for it
didnt relise untill today that ken is one of the hardest autographs to have

2 Likes

The right most character also looks like it’s missing a good amount of strokes.

i thought it was almost the most convincing part ahaha other then the like swoop not being as circular aha

1 Like

Ken Sugimori is considered to be the top of the food chain when it comes to autographs. The market for his autograph is pretty expensive since most are from a long time ago and he does not publicly sign anymore.

I don’t want to stir the pot and certainly do not want to diminish the experience when you bought the auto and the memories you may hold buying it, but it’s definitely not real.

Unfortunately in this market, there are those that will try and take advantage of those that aren’t necessarily experienced in autos to try and make a quick buck.

@swolepoke is considered to be the auto guru in the hobby and is very experienced specifically on Ken Sugimori fakes.

Lastly, there are autos out there that members of e4 have run into that say are authenticated, but they’re not real. Doesn’t happen everyday, but they do pop up. The search function on autos will be your best friend, in addition to just soaking up all the free information e4 has to offer.

3 Likes

@swolepoke why is it fake ha help me learn
i do see there are a few red flags with just how its set up but i feel like the actual writing of the signature has some real good signs

1 Like

That kanji is written like somebody who is learning to write kanji for the first time.

If you are receiving feedback from numerous sources, both more experienced and knowledgeable than yourself, and you still won’t accept that it is unequivocally a fake signature then you should send it for authentication and waste your money.

11 Likes

@pfm was the only one who gave any reasons why they thought it was fake.
im just looking for what stood out to be fake

i cant learn anything from “its fake” trust me im a guy on the internet
will i come to you the next time?

with respect what makes it fake?
appreciate your advice and time you spent replying to this

This one is also fake. Green label CGC was a work around to get fakes in slabs since CGC doesnt authenticate unwitnessed autographs.

6 Likes