Possible Fake Sugimori?

Ebay: Signed Pikachu Stuffy. Ken Sugimori. Official Pokemon Merch, Signed By Creator. | eBay

Be careful; the auto looks like a 50/50 chance (signed in 2018/2019?), but this seller told me that there’s proof in an email thread (they “can’t share”) and told a friend of mine that it was during when cameras were rolling (they “can’t share” that, either). Multiple stories.

Be wary of this one.

2 Likes

I can’t think of a worse item to receive a valuable autograph on. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Man, I would’ve had my Japanese Gym Giovanni’s Last Resort or Japanese Neo 3 Entei card ready to go if I ever could choose something to be signed by him! Two of my dream cards…

3 Likes

I read your comment before clicking the link and thought “surely there’s something worse than whatever this will be.”

Nope, you’re definitely right.

1 Like

It’s definitely an item where even if it is real I wouldn’t want it

8 Likes

Based off other example of his signature in the last few years, this looks legitimate to me.

4 Likes

If you’re gonna fake a Sugimori, this is probably the absolute last item you would do it on. Not a signature expert, but that combined with the appearance of the signature is evidence for legitimacy.

4 Likes

I think it probably is legit but i bet the evidence won’t add a single thing to help the buyer prove authenticity.

But unless you have a pokemon shrine space it’d be a nightmare to own and display.

Regardless of if it’s real or not, if a seller says they have proof but won’t share it, then they are wasting your time and you shouldn’t entertain talking to them any longer.

5 Likes

My thoughts, too! Just them having proof but not sharing any of it throws me off, personally.

@quuador something to look at.

Thanks for the heads up, but for Pikachu I only collect the TCG cards and nothing else (unlike Seviper).

But even if I would have, I agree with what has been said earlier:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

cause I bumped into him and all I had on me was this pikachu plushie. and you’re not gonna not get Ken Sugimori’s autograph, right?

1 Like

I also believe it to be authentic. I could picture someone on the set of detective pikachu havjng easier access to a plush then a card/better item.

Altough its kinda irrelevant as at the price point dont think it will ever sell.