Holy Grail of Venusaur?

Blastoise is the holy grail of venusaur :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Does that make Charizard the holy grail of Blastoise? :slightly_smiling_face:

Man Blastoise will Hydro Pump Charizord any day of the week!!

4 Likes

Haha well regardless if he does or not, I think I’ll always stick by Zard! :grin:

2 Likes

Grey stamps are the superior stamp, that’s not even an opinion.

Lol. Show me the buy thread.

Grey stamps are not a true variant of stamp. It’s a wide range of stamps that were simply printed with varying degrees of ink.

And they look shitty.

The only argument is being a bit rarer. But not so rare that it’s anything amazing to see. I’ve owned lots of grey stamps.

If something really rare is your thing , why not go for the much rarer ghost stamp (which looks even shittier but since we are talking about grey stamps that apparently doesn’t matter anyway)?

4 Likes

It’s a fact, everything you’ve wrote was pure biased opinion.

It’s all entirely subjective.

At least I actually gave reasons to support my opinion.

I’m messing with you a little bit, it’s still my opinion that grey stamps are the superior cards, imagine a PSA 10 grey stamp 1st Ed Zard, that would eclipse the value of a regular thick or thin.

3 Likes

Nah I was talking about this with eBulb the other day. We couldn’t think of a single person willing to pay a significant premium besides Gemmint
 sure it’s rarer to find one but ultimately it’s just something that should have been a reject. It kinda looks stupid and isn’t a significant error like No Symbol Jungle, No Damage Ninetales, etc. You’re just left with something that was almost a good-looking 1st edition card but just missed out. Unfortunately it’s not a biased opinion that the cards are super niche and there aren’t really any active buyers, especially at some sort of holy grail premium price. Unless, of course, you can point out sales.

1 Like

If a PSA 10 1st Ed grey stamp base zard appeared, i’d probably sell my entire collection and use my life savings to pay $300k USD to secure it right now lol.

1 Like

I had a feeling you were messing with me at least a bit, but in all seriousness, I would personally rank them thick > thin > grey. It’s just my opinion. Which stamp is rarer isn’t everything, for the same reason that Chansey isn’t more expensive than Charizard.

When I see a grey stamp, I see a failed stamp. I actually find it distracting to the overall appearance of the card, like there’s something wrong with it.

Again, it’s not even an official variant - it’s just a relatively common error that you find in Base Set, and you see varying degrees of greyness.

I totally respect your opinion if you treasure grey stamps, it’s just not my thing.

5 Likes

The Pokemon Rumble card

1 Like

*ahum* www.elitefourum.com/t/quuadors-pikachu-wanted-list-10-out-of-1433-left-to-go/14779/1

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

@quuador , Haha fair enough, but you and GemMintPokemon are interested in the grey stamps because you guys are absolute completionists that want every possible variant of the cards you’re after. A rare breed indeed.

Again, I’ve never seen a non-completionist specifically look to buy grey stamps for their personal collection.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ik. :slightly_smiling_face: But since you mentioned you can’t find a single WTB list except for GemMintPokĂ©mon I had to remind you I also still exist. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the thick vs thin vs grey stamp, I have the feeling you look at it from the mindset of “which stamp is more desirable to collect / own” and @acebren is looking at it from the mindset of “which stamp is rarer / more expensive”. So both of you are correct.

You can’t really compare the stamps tbh. For non-holo cards, thin stamps are almost non-existent and grey stamps aren’t too hard to find (except for non-holo Rares). For Holofoil cards, both thick and thin stamps can be found reasonably easy, and grey stamps are very hard to find.

Personally I’d rank them as such:

• For a full set, in terms of desirability to collect/own: thick > thin > grey (uniformity for thick; rarity and better looking for thin vs grey)
  • For a full set, in terms of rarity / more expensive: thin > grey > thick (non-holo thin stamped cards are almost non-existent)
  • For the Holofoil Rares, in terms of desirability to collect/own: thin/thick > grey
  • For the Holofoil Rares, in terms of rarity / more expensive: grey > thick > thin
  • For the non-holos, in terms of desirability to collect/own: thick > thin > grey (thick is easy to find; rarity and better looking for thin vs grey)
  • For the non-holos, in terms of rarity / more expensive: thin > grey > thick

And to be back on topic: PSA-10 No Rarity Venusaur, since PSA is stupid and won’t grade them anymore, so the pop of 5 won’t ever increase (unless PSA starts grading them again). And it’s also the first Venusaur ever created.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Venusaur is my boy! And personally I don’t think there is a grail of one card. It’s subjective and what hits for you.

I have a psa 9 shadowless. I’d loveeeee to upgrade that to a 1st ed.

However the cd promo / bulbsasaur deck/ black star promo / pack artwork is the one for me! The nostalgia hits hard and I love them.

The carddass prism holo saur is wicked too!

3 Likes

Venusaur is my favorite Pokemon since forever, but I really don’t think it has all that many good TCG artworks. It looked increasingly dumber starting in the late ex era IMO.

CD promo is the best bar none.
Next would be Base, then Pop Series 2/ PCG-P and then the lottery promo and Erika’s Venusaur.

It should be obvious that 1st Ed & No Rarity Base and the Black Star promo in PSA 10 are the ‘holy grails’, at least pricewise.

My holy grail venusaur. PSA won’t grade so I’m finally capitulating and sending to BGS this week. “Fair”, IMO, would be overall BGS 9.5, with 9 centering, 9.5 corners, 9.5 or 10 edges, and 9.5 or 10 surface. Lucky/unlucky would be anything else. It would be worst case a very strong PSA 9 due to centering, 10 on a lucky day. These pics are through two layers of plastic. In hand the card is glossy, pack fresh and gorgeous.

5 Likes