Shadowless Venusaur PSA 9

This card just traded twice in the last couple of days on eBay. 4k and 5k AUD respectively. The 4k sale confirmed the sale to me as well. Will shadowless start to slow down anytime soon?? I’m worried it will start to eat into my 1st edition market space.

what do you mean by eat into your 1st edition market place? shadowless is the cousin of 1st edition who doesn’t really get much limelight. it will always be a more niche set than 1st edition, which is the face of the pokemon TCG. anything that happens in shadowless is usually directly correlated to growth in 1st edition base, so it usually lags behind. in that sense, 1st edition will always have market dominance because it is provenance in the pokemon TCG. as 1st edition continues to climb into the holiday season and probably in 2021, shadowless is one possible alternative to these pricier cousins. however, there is also the argument that lower grade 1st edition is the most logical alternative, but at some point, some folks will also jump over to collecting high-grade shadowless, since they do share the exact same art/card design, except for the stamp.

Cant wait for “questions like this need to be asked in the giant market thread”. (probably)

1 Like

So you think that people who choose to spend the same money on a high grade PSA9 shadowless card as opposed to a PSA5 1st ed base arent actually crazy?? Who would choose to have the same card in a higher grade for the same price if its missing a stamp that was stamped on more than half of the initial print run?? I would rather take excess whitening, holo scratches, even creases just so long as there is that stamp there over the same card in otherwise pristine condition. But I guess thats just my twisted logic.

I don’t think so very soon. Those are very wanted cards now. Base is in the spotlight now…
You can take for example any other psa holo wotc. Don’t think it went down in price last 2 years

And for those people arrogant enough to use facts about using the pop reports to argue that shadowless is far rarer than 1st ed know that pop reports are overrated. There are literally hundreds of each minted shadowless holo still in the wild just waiting to be graded. Give it another 30 years and there will definitely be more shadowless charizards than 1st ed in our pop reports!

You arguing with yourself here?

I dont even know anymore :confused:

Giant Market Thread

2 Likes