Shadowless vs 1st edition

So I’m starting to collect psa 10 shadowless as i think the set is still really underrated compared to its brother 1st ed base. PSA 10 copies are significantly rarer than the 1st ed psa 10, psa 10 shadowless just isn’t available due to its scarcity being half the amount of 1st ed copies, I predict they may eventually catch up to 1st ed base. This is excluding the big three as I think they will always be more in 1st edition. I have started to see some growth in the psa 10 shadowless holos recently (when there’s actually a copy for sale) and being such a sought after set still, inthink people will end up paying a hell of a lot for psa 10 copies when they eventually surface. I think this will really help in driving the price up on these cards over the next 1-3years. Im no expert but i find this a facinating subject considering nobody seems to be able to put a legitimate value of most of these shadowless cards. What do people think? Again I’m mainly relating to the psa 10 market rather than the lower grades

They are worthless, I’ll do everyone a favor and buy your psa 10s. Sell me them for cheap :wink:

In reality yes they are hard to come by but with these higher prices for them lately I bet will drive out more cards and more will be sent in for grading. Prices have jumped a lot in the last year. I remember some psa 10 holos for $150. I wish I would have bought them. Cards like raichu in a psa 10 I think exceed the price of a 1st ed raichu in psa 10 so the prices are already catching/passing for some.

1 Like

They will not catch up to 1st edition. This is a dead horse argument, supply and DEMAND is the bases of our economy. Not just supply, that’s why my one of a kind custom made fecal matter sculptures aren’t going to make me rich anytime soon.

Supply&Demand is crazy tho for real.

PSA 10 Shadowless Raichu: $4000

PSA 10 Shadowless Chansey: $4500

Edit: Those are confirmed sale prices.

3 Likes

We’re way past the days of shadowless being underrated…

5 Likes

Yeh I get the demand is A lot bigger for 1st ed base but you are now seeing a knock on effect with the shadowless cards and I think they will still shoot up a hell of a lot more!! I mean when 1st ed base started reaching higher prices a couple of years back people were like yah I can’t see these getting much higher and they exceeded most people’s expectations buy a long shot. Ofcorse if more shadowless cards come out the woodwork because of the recent price increases then I’d say it may effect prices slightly but if not I can only see the price of shadowless cards going one way and that’s upppp!!!

Pretty soon they’ll crack the 1st base out of their cases and figure out a way to remove the 1st Ed stamp then resubmit them… :open_mouth:

8 Likes

And what did you say happened to your BGS pristine 10 Gary? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you serious? Wow.

So I have found someone with great raw shadowless cards. He wants quite a bit more than I’m willing to pay for PSA 9s but I might take a gamble if he can be a little flexible on his pricing. Crossing my fingers for a 10 on 1 of the low pop holos if these prices are right.

Unless you’re viewing them in person and know what a Gem Mint card looks like I’d advise against this. At most I’ll pay PSA 9 prices for cards that aren’t graded. There’s no reason for anyone to expect raw cards to get past mint grades, or for a seller to expect more $ then a PSA 9 grade without putting in the work to get them graded.

Exactly. He thinks he has $200+ cards($250 CAD). I’d pay that for a Blastoise, but most other cards are $99 all day on ebay. Raichu and Alakazam are a bit more scarce so I’m willing to pay more.

Is $160 for a PSA 9 Machamp fair? I passed on one last week, but I’m starting to wonder if I should buy it.

The main card I’m interested in is his Raichu, so we’ll see how good it really looks. I don’t want to go over $150 though unless it’s absolutely flawless then I might just give him the $200 and hope for the best.

www.ebay.com/itm/Machamp-1st-Edition-Shadowless-PSA-9-MINT-Fresh-GRADE-Pokemon-Base-Set-/282613705656?hash=item41cd16ebb8:g:uIcAAOSwnllZlymN

I saw that one, along with some cheaper ones as well. I just contacted the seller as I don’t want to wait a few months to realise they’re all selling for $200+. I hate Machamp, but I need it to complete the set. lol

Thanks for your input, cullers.

1 Like