Holo Curling & Grading

What’s PSA’s stance on holos that have curling, does PSA grade lower if holos have curling?

Not normally. If it’s right between grades it might knock it down to the lower grade though. You see, in the case it flattens out so won’t affect its eye appeal.

1 Like

High portion of the cards I have sent to PSA have been at least slightly warped…from my experience it won’t effect the grade at all, unless it’s some extreme curling/warping

2 Likes

If you’re worried about it flatten them before sending. I just place them in a cardsavers then in a book, in a months time they’re flat as they can be.

1 Like

I do the same thing. Flatten those bad boys out in some old encyclopedias stacked several tall for a month or so before sending.

Thx alot for all the help, was curious coz i just purchased a mint fossil set & the holos had abit of curling but theyre in my binder collection so all good , was just curious about the grading thx for the help.

I took some played cards that were highly curled, placed a think piece of cardboard on them, and then a 10lbs plate weight. Left them alone for no more than two weeks and they were substantially flatter. This was during a humid summer month so I suspect that helped speed up the process.

I would recommend not using cardboard that is corrugated unless you want your card to also be corrugated :wink:

Use something flatter with perfectly even distribution of pressure

1 Like