Bended cards affecting PSA grades

Any experiences with bended cards, or does PSA grade them lower because of that? If so, depending on how strongly bended the card is?

If itā€™s a ā€˜naturalā€™ foil curve; nope.

A card that has been forcefully bend and has damage due to it; PSA 4 or worse.

1 Like

iā€™m talking bended cards due to humidity absorption

Thatā€™s probably considered damage and will knock your grade down to PSA6 at best.
Butā€¦ better ask the mass submitters like @garyis2000

itā€™s fully reversable, but i mean theoretically itā€™s also not damaged. and in the case, itā€™s straight again, so there is no ā€œflawā€ or something you can see. so i was wondering what they would probably grade :stuck_out_tongue:

Slight holo bend doesnĀ“t affect the grade. Just put it in a pile of books and wait a month or two.

1 Like

thatā€™s what iā€™m doing right now. iā€™ve also seen that you can evaporate the humidity in your cards by using a hairdryer, doesnā€™t damage the card at all and the foil goes back to normal again. Iā€™m trying the press strategy first though.
I stored those cards in sleeves and in a binder, still they bent like crazy few months after I got them.

Just a tip: If you want to be on the safe side, store your ungraded cards somewhere isolated where no humidity can enter. also put some foils of humidity absorption material in the binder or next to the cards, really helps.

1 Like

ThatĀ“s interesting, will try the hairdryer method with a few cheaper reverses. You should watch the humidity level in your storage room and not store cards near outer walls, as they always absorb some degree of moisture, depending on the construction method.

1 Like

well let me know if it worked for you (if youā€™ll try it anytime soon), my cards are a bit more expensive lol. and only those bended, my luckā€¦

Iā€™ve undone many warped cards through the clothing iron method. I was becoming quite the pro when I was still buying and collecting raw cards, haha. But no, shouldnā€™t affect grade. I sent in a naturally warped 1st edition Holo and it came back a PSA 9 and when incased like that you cannot tell it was warped whatsoever!

1 Like

I would try your best to un-bend / un-warp a card as much as possible before submitting to PSA. Although PSA graders may technology recognize if a card can be un-bent, itā€™s like anything else subjective - impressions matter. You wouldnā€™t show up to a job interview with spaghetti sauce stains all of your shirt, would you? You shouldnā€™t send in your bent PSA cards before doing as much as possible to un-bend them yourself.

And for what itā€™s worth, I found that simply leaving a card in a Card Saver 1 for a while did more to un-bend / un-warp a card than putting a super heavy pile of books on top of it did.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used the freezer before to get the warp out of cards. Just be sure to check them every couple of minutes or the bend will reverse lol.