Hidden fates Charizard Overpriced or undervalued?

I’m having a little trouble coming to terms with the psa 10/ bgs 10 price of hidden fates shiny Charizard. Do you all see this card deserving of its current price? (1,200-1400$)

I get that it’s hype, and it’s shiny and everything like that. The pop for psa 10 is over 1000 and bgs 10 is another 400 or so. Will we see a price drop in this card? Will there be more demand for the 1st print version?

The card is pretty hard to pull considering all the cards in shiny vault. The pop report could just be from its popularity. Idk thoughts?

Yes

6 Likes

How can something be under or overpriced when the market is self regulating and the product is selling? Personally, I don’t like the card at all, but if a lot of people are willing to pay >$1000 then it’s worth >$1000

2 Likes

The fate of shiny charizard is hidden

4 Likes

Yes as in overpriced? Hahaha

Another thing to consider is, if this card was released in 2007 obviously the pop report would be considerably less, but because of the climate of graders in today’s era the pop report is much bigger. It’s harder to pull than a gold star right? That is if you factor the odds of you getting the wrong shiny full art.

I mean, if base zard were released today the pop count would be much higher and it wouldn’t be worth but a fraction of what it is

If I had to vote I think it will be a little overvalued at least at least for the time being. There is likely a very large quantity of them at PSA right now and the pop reports will go up significantly.

As those come back, sellers who bought those on the credit card will be forced to sell quickly and if they hit the market at a faster rate than the market will absorb them the price will come down.

The price is exactly what it should be @rainbowneosking. It also moves quite frequently too at the current prices, unlike other cards that take forever although they are older/WOTC-era.

I’m sure you can get a decent JP gold star Charizard for that price.

It’ll be interesting to see whether the new shiny FA zard from Champion’s Path will diminish the demand (and hence value) of this particular card. You could argue ‘why not both’, but people like chasing the newest shiny thing.

Cards like this one make me feel alright buying a 3k wotc charizard

1 Like

Questions like this need to be posted in the Giant Market Thread. In order to avoid messing up the discussion there, this thread has been locked.

1 Like