Gyarados Base Set Unlimited 'Error'

Hi,

I have tried searching for some information regarding the base set error for unlimited Gyarados how it’s card number is printed too far to the left but have not seen one with the ‘correct’ printing. Does anyone know if there are any unlimited Gyarados out there without the error?

Also just found out about the Grand Gyarados Collection, awesome stuff! I am trying to get every English and Japanese Gyarados card!

1 Like

Welcome to UPCCC!

Pictures would help identify the card to see if it is an error or not. A lot of people on the forums here are avid “error collectors” and will be able to tell you what you have

Thank you! The error is on every unlimited Gyarados I have seen:

What I want to know is if there are any out there with the ‘correct’ printing as all unlimited set numbers are closer to the rarity symbol

Welcome (James is it?)!

That’s me! I’ll take a wild guess and say you’re Oz Carter lol

On the book face yes. My real name is Ryan, but go by my nickname Oz there. :wink:

There’s no corrected unlimited version. Only Shadowless and 1st Edition have it corrected, I’m unsure about the 1999-2000 version, but I’m pretty sure it has the error too.

1 Like

@cullers is correct. I’ve searched high and low to see if there is a “corrected” version out there and have talked to a few popular sellers who have confirmed they too have never seen a corrected version outside Shadowless and such. Though I never thought to check the 1999-2000 version, I can confirm that that version also has the error (looking at one of mine right now).

Glad you liked my collection and welcome to the UPCCC! Nice to see another competitorcollector of Gyarados cards! Look forward to seeing your collection!

1 Like

[sarcasm]Yeah, because there is not enough Gyarados collectors[/sarcasm]

2 Likes

Yeah I thought so, it was driving me crazy as every site I went to said that only a ‘few’ or ‘most’ base set were printed with the error not every single one! I’m still going to keep an eye out though…

GYARADOS 4 LIFE!

1 Like