Guys. The Leaks are In...

@kurtosisblakeinfini , I appreciate your posts. The last bit was unexpected and I almost lost my coffee in front of my classroom.

After your analysis, I have a better appreciation for some of the new Pokemon I overlooked, so thank you for that. I think sometimes we like older generations because they’re based off of mythologies or images we recognize more easily or reach a larger demographic while some of the newer ones are a bit more vague to us despite having rich contexts.

I think the thing that cheapens the look of them is the fact that so many Pokemon seem anthromorphic and detract from the “nature” side of things. I don’t like any of the final evolutions of the starters. Period. The grass type is the only one I’m “iffy” on.

I also think that rendering the leaks mostly in their 3D forums shows less detail. It looks super clean and basic whereas concept drawings (some of them are the art and look much better) would probably look more interesting. I’m more excited to see card art about these Pokemon as long as they aren’t 5ban garbage.

Then again, if they make a Galvanized version of Gyarados, I’m willing to forgive everything…

*thinks about the lack of Venusaur/Blastoise and glorifying Charizard*

Almost everything.

3 Likes

Likewise with your appreciations are starting to become almost loyal by now! :wink: However I’m happy to see my posts help people see things better than what they originally seem to believed. I’m pretty much parallel to above, especally how anthropomorphism being plentiful can be abeit absurd to almost creepy as noone I can think of caught my eyes, it may go back to Pokémon’s raw Kaiju Godzilla/Super Sentai battle origins.

1 Like

We get some very cool new Pokémon.
We lose a lot of very cool Pokémon.

4/10 based on these two statements.

Let’s hope the game itself gives the fans what they want.
I’ll be waiting it out, though.

1 Like

I don’t know how anyone that grew up gen 1 and 2 era could actually get into all this. Power to you though. I wish I could.

1 Like

I feel the longer Pokémon exists as a franchise and continues to make new generations, more of us are becoming more and more critical of the design choices. Nearly all of the designs are polarising.

Keeping in mind the current designs are likely trying to hit demographics that simply aren’t what most of us are (20-35 year olds) as they try and attract new crowds.

By keeping older generations in the game, they attract us older folk and the same time. I will say though, starter Pokémon really need to be exceptional, and I personally feel they missed that this time.

That being said I was able to formulate a team based on the new mons and am actively looking forward to starting a new generation in 6 days time. Cannot wait to play with the Dreepy line, a nice military tribute imo.

2 Likes

i havent been overly into the last three gens pokemon but have played them as i love the game design that only pokemon delivers. an easy yet complicated rpg that i am interested in seeing move over to the switch. aside from the pokemon the game looks pretty fantastic from the trailers etc.

Very true. And that’s what makes Pokémon as a franchise so interesting.
Because whether you like a design or not, as a fan you care enough to have an opinion about it.

What is stopping anybody from just walking away from Pokémon and go: “Okay, I’ve clearly grown out of it.”? People still like Pokémon as a whole, even though there have been some weird designs in the past.

I’m not sure where I’m going with this, I just felt like sharing this observation. :grin:

3 Likes

A bit lackluster, but still not too bad tbh. From the starters the first evolution is indeed the best for all three. I don’t really like the second evolutions of any of them, and for the last I kinda like the water, although I agree they shouldn’t make them humanoid as much… :confused:

Some I really like: Wooloo; Drednaw; Sandaconda (I like snakes, so I never complain about new snake Pokémon :wink: ); Cufant & Copperajah; Sizzlipede & Centiskorch; Applin (it’s evolutions not so much); Drakloak; Eternatus; Galarian Zacian; Galarian Zamazenta; Galarian Ponyta; Galarian Weezing; Gigantasomething (what was it again…) Butterfree; Giga Centiskorch.

The ones I actively dislike: Thwackey; Cinderace; Drizzile; Sinistea & Polteageist; Impidimp, Morgrem & Grimmsnarl; Eiscue (wtf?); Galarian Eiscue; Galarian Mr. Mime; Mr. Rime; Galarian Corsola; Giga Pikachu; Giga Meowth; Giga Machamp; Giga Garbodor.

Ah well. Apart from the starter evolutions lines, the Impidimp evolution line, Eiscue, and ‘hotdog’ Meowth, I don’t hate it that much personally. Although I must admit I was expecting way more.

Also, I know I’m not the only one disappointed by the lack of a new Eeveelution. So many cool types left, like Ghost, Poison, Dragon, Flying, Steel, etc… :slightly_frowning_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Eevee is complete until more special types come out. :wink:

1 Like

No Bulbasaur.

FUCK YOU POKEMON!

2 Likes

I’m still mulling over getting the game but one thing is for certain, if I do Im going to dump my starter as soon as another pokemon comes along, I want to play pokemon not neopets haha big fan of the fire centipede and the ghost jet dragon

I’m so disappointed in this game and what it has become. I was going to buy a switch just for this game but not going to give nintendo and gamefreak my money with what they’ve produced.

From dexit, to the recycled animations and models, compulsory EXP. share, lazy and glitchy features (time freezing when you go up a ladder, models popping out of no where in the overworld), and the continued lies from game freak, I can’t support this as much as I wanted to.

4 Likes

I’m waiting on a price drop or I’ll buy it used, GF definitely doesn’t deserve $60 for their efforts.

1 Like

No Gigantamax Gyarados.

2 Likes

All this complaining from people who haven’t played the game and are distributing proven lies…

Sigh.

1 Like

Proven lies?

That the game glitches when moving up ladders. In fact almost every critique about glitching is bs because it was proven the people who reported it were hacking the game.

I’ve had no glitches at all in my 10+ hour gameplay.

Sigh.

Another gamefreak apologist with their head in the sand. If you can over look all of the glaring problems then more power to you.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous the contempt that Game Freak has for it’s consumers. I was going to bring across some of my Pokemon from previous games. Then I found out if you transfer your old Pokemon from the 3DS to Pokemon home and they’re not in the Galar region, then it is imprisoned there until a new game comes out with it in. You can’t even send the Pokemon back to the 3DS. Only on to sw/sh and future games. And all the lies that Gamefreak has pushed out over the past few months is a joke. #gamefreaklied and #f***gamefreak are trending on Twitter for a reason.

I’m sorry, but where or how does pointing out lies make me an apologist?

Could you cry any louder to yourself? Because I can’t hear you over how much fun I’m having in gen 8…