Guys. The Leaks are In...

What… Happened?

Some of the designs are cool but… What happened? I’m sure it’s been said before in previous generations but so much of this doesn’t look like Pokemon - granted, I’m pretty sure this isn’t all of the information or full leaks, but pretty disappointed. I like the Centipede Pokemon though - yay fire bugs!

Also, if the absentee list is correct - how could they do the original starters dirty like that? Glorifying Charizard but not including the Squirtle/Bulbasaur line? Bleh.

5 Likes

Disappointed in Scorbunny’s third Evo…

8 Likes

The starter evos are yikes. I’ll stick with Sobble put I’m tired of bipedal with two arms humanoid final evos.

5 Likes

All of the third evos. Sobble’s in particular is hideous.

Some of the new Pokemon are really cool, though. Big fan of the Toxel line.

Thoughts.

Positive:

• I think most of the new Pokemon designs are fantastic, maybe the best overall since Gens 1 & 2.

Negative:

• Considering how good the basic forms of all the starters are, their final evolutions are disappointing.
  • I have no problem with all the cuts to legendaries and some of the less popular Pokemon… but cutting all of the starters except for the Charmander line as well as so many other super popular Pokemon lines is very disappointing.

Neutral:

• Given the popularity of the Switch, I am sure this will not be the only mainline Pokemon game we see on the console. I fully expect to see another one in another 3 years or so. And I am sure we will have another remake in between. So Nintendo will have plenty of opportunity to create Switch models / animations for many of the 400+ missing Pokemon in the coming years. Perhaps by the end of the Switch’s life cycle we’ll even have all the Pokemon on the latest Pokemon game for the switch.
2 Likes

They look so much like Neo Pets, I might let my 5 & 4 year old play this game :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: This is upsetting. These card arts will be weird trying to translate to 2D art. Whole set will look derpy.

5 Likes

This will be my first game that I pick a grass starter, I guess that can be a positive for me. Overall the designs are unique, the only one I hate is Eiscue.

I just cant belive this? A apple pokemon turning into a apple cake? Holy shit I love it! Please be real

1 Like

Generation 1 Fire Starter VS Generation 8 Fire Starter

29 Likes

My wish is for Gen 9 to be:

• Open world on BotW propotions

• Scrapping the rock, paper, scissors turn based combat system for a more real time action RPG based one (take a leaf out of Final Fantasy’s book when they changed from turn based to a more fluid system)

• Due to the two wishes above, improvement on designs and animations

• Voice acting (it’s nearly 2020!!!)

Anyway in terms of the leaks. I’m sticking with Sobble. Supposedly the endgame is only 2 hours which is quite disappointing. Hopefully the game isnt too short. It’ll be nice to have a 20 hour story. But in reality it’ll probably just be 8 hours max…

1 Like

I’m not super stoked on the new game and it’s leaving me really conflicted about buying it. I just don’t feel the same level of attachment to new Pokemon anymore so with new games I usually plan out making a team of older Pokemon that are available in the region and transfer them over for my playthrough. With how many old Pokemon are cut, I’m limited on what options I have to play with and it just kills my enthusiasm. Either way, this is the first Pokemon game ever that I’m not pre-ordering/picking up on launch day.

2 Likes

Based off this list I’m going to start with Grookey, and then add Corviknight, MLPonyta, Coalossal, Grapploct, and Dracozolt.

1 Like

I just can’t bring myself to run with a Grass starter on my first playthrough just because the type itself is so horrendous. I always either go with the Fire or Water starter first, then go with the one of those two that I didn’t pick for my second playthrough before finally choosing the Grass starter the third time.

That being said, I do agree that Grookey’s line looks the best out of the three Gen 8 starters (not that that’s saying much).

1 Like

For me since I always pick one grass type for my team to use for my playthrough, Grookey looks like the best new grass type pokemon I can see from the leaked images. Applin looks like a good grass pokemon though to use if I end up picking Scorebunny.

I just wish the final evolutions of the starters didn’t look weird. Sobble’s final form reminds me of Gex (ps1 game), Scorebunny’s final form reminds me of the CGI Sonic from the movie trailer earlier this year. Grookey’s final evolution is the only one I cant compare anything to.

nope, nothing but trash here.

3 Likes

I think galarian ponyta is the only thing I really like, everything else i’m just okay with or actively dislike. :sweat:

1 Like

no psyduck. no thanks.

3 Likes

Overall I’m quite disappointed with the majority of the new Pokemon. I had huge expectations for Sobble’s final evolution - it had so much potential and overall fan art for possible starter evos were all much cooler than these actual evos, unfortunately. I actually like Cinderace the most out of the 3, so Scorbunny is my choice. Of course if I don’t like it much I can just not use my starter at all…

Impidimp’s whole line could be nominees for my least favorite Pokemon of all time already, lol. They look hideous…

I already know that most of my team will be of old Pokemon. Galarian Ponyta is definitely my favorite of the new ones. And I love Appletun! It’s so derby and cute. And Corviknight’s whole evolution line is great.

Wooloo is cute, but it’s evolution is meh. Alcremie is very cute too. Zamazenta and Zacian are cool too, I’ve liked them both since they were revealed.

And that’s about it, I’m not really into the rest. When it comes to the Pokemon this might be the worst generation. But I still want to experience the games and there’s always the possibility to use old Pokemon (thankfully).

(But there’s no Salamence in the game so I’m salty).

7 Likes

Designs to me have to include aesthetic or a unique, inspiring concept to cultural/mythical/Natural History and puns. It’s the genius core of what Pokémon master doing.

So first impression, non-official anal ysis… Inteleon is a Water Basilisk which are capable running on water’s surface which is awesome and a possible hint it’ll speed creep Greninja.

Frosmoth is gorgeous and looks so soft, surely I’d thought that would be a @xzini contender having Nordic vibes.
Ha, we got an Anaconda finally, evolving from a Cobra right?.. If only the European Adder was made more aware by it’s irl bloodred eyes of beauty. Missed oppertunity. One of my fave animals too.

Coalossal line is great and it’s Giganta is one of the few goodies.
More elephants are nice to see. Though I feel Donphan is underepresented.
I want to like Grimmsnarl but can’t fucking see it. Makes sense for it’s case on the Max.
Toxtel line’s got awesome typing, looks like a horned lizard/ Gila Monster.
Of course there was going to be a Stonehenge 'mon.
Appletun looks like designer fun, a Charizard relative somehow as both look based on German folklore.
Dreepy’s line looks like they finally made a Diplocaulus. It’s refeshing to see them breach into a time period place new (Permian) status ala Tyrantrum’s dex entries in reference to it’s irl Cretaceous equivalent and Ainorith as an Anomaloclaris for Cambrian.

Eternatus makes up for the shit looking Ultra-Beasts like Naganadel and S&S Mascots, granted they look better when unequpped so it would be interesting to see if the items are non exclusive to them. Seems to take inspiration from Mag’Ladroth from Warhammer 40K.

Runerigrus is a cool culture alternative obviously based on Norse/Celtic/Saxon urne patterns. Pleasure to see them return, hope for more lore depth. Speaking of returning themes, Purrserker. hahahahaha, I hope Mead exists in this game.

Machamp Gigant made sense being the only member of the original 4 with no extension. And fucking all my yes, along with Coalossal, Garbodor is the Kaiju we derserved, our world is Garbodor’s. It’s eaten the TCG and it won’t stop there.

Didn’t have much expectation for my beloved line appearing despite the recent Mega indicating interest however it’s a platitude for sigh how Pokémon shifted fan psychic emphasis onto Gardevoir whose made really for hentai fan fiction by fat weaboo slobs that gets the fucking merch/release pass for obviou$ reason. Btich. I need a shower.

2 Likes