Guinness World Record Pokemon Card Collection

Nice vid and pleasant guys but it appears easy to beat if you have a lot of bulk. The certificate at the end simply says how many pokemon cards it is. Bulk up and hey presto new record. Enjoy the vid and feel free to go for a world record someone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The record is for 32k unique cards, which I still think is not that hard to beat especially if you have both English and Japanese

7 Likes

They need a better certificate there’s no unique or different type worded on it. If it’s unique then that’s great.

1 Like

It’s cool to see team collectors! :denmark:

2 Likes

Does anyone on here come close to 32000+ different cards?

For folks who are not aware, because I think it gives some context to these kinds of records, Guinness does not measure and record actual world records the way you might think. To be featured in the book you pay a fee to be awarded a record of your choice. They verify your record, verify nobody else has a public stake to that record, then awards it to you. They then usually don’t take challenges to the record holder.

32,000 unique cards is a lot of cards. I certainly do not have 32,000 cards. But Guinness is more of a novelty program than anything else. This record is probably designed so they can issue certificates for any amount without nullifying existing records. So if you are awarded a certificate for 35,000 cards it would be considered a different record than this 32,000 record holder.

Anyway I do like seeing brothers with a mutual collection. That’s cool.

12 Likes

So basically one step up from means nothing?

3 Likes

I am not so cynical as to say that, but I can see why someone might.

2 Likes

what are you even trying to say ??? “the record is probably designed so can they can reissue without nullifying” did you just make this up ? guiness world records are broken all the time.

they even have pages on their site

“How to break a world record” https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/how-to-set-or-break-a-world-record

“Amazing records broken across globe” https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2022/11/amazing-records-broken-across-globe-for-guinness-world-records-day-725100

“which records are broken the most often”

“how do i apply to break a record”

the certificate in the video says “the largest collection of pokemon cards consists of 32,809 cards by xx on xx”

if someone beats this, they will have the new “largest collection of pokemon cards” and BREAK the old record

not sure why you’re hating or downplaying this at all or acting like this isnt a world record? or why if someone has 50k his would still be valid ?

3 Likes

I’m going to go for fastest 100m on the planet with a time of dnf.

1 Like

Guinness World Records are more for PR or for people with a lot of money and a bit of an ego. There’s literally a page on the Guinness site about PR and campaigns.

1 Like

Let’s get back on track or not in my case if I want a record :wink:
Seeing as it has to be different cards can anyone get anywhere near to 32000+?
Edit @cig anywhere near?

1 Like

Answer:

1 Like

ohhhh the context of a bunch of false info completely made up

3 Likes

Are you okay, man?

15 Likes

so i point out (with sources) you’re making stuff up out thin air like it’s an imaginary world and you ask if im the one that’s ok? that’s gold

2 Likes

Its the year 2024 and a new guinness world record of largest amount of pokemon cards has been set consisting of 867 individual cards beating the previous world record which was set at 32000+ cards :slight_smile:

I think you can pick any number as long as it’s not taken.

1 Like

wait you really think that next week, you can get a guiness world record exactly like this video for the same “the largest pokemon collection” record with 20k cards (10,000 less cards than the video) and still get a world record for “the largest pokemon collection” ?

i’ll just sit the rest of this one out hahahaha

2 Likes

@virtualwindowshopper and @stagecoach this has been priceless I’ve been in stitches multiple times thank you. Xx

1 Like