Growlithe All Language Master Set

The non-holo Common cards within the Unbroken Bonds booster packs within the Pre-release kits, can have a small chance of being glossy. I don’t think any of the pre-selected cards within the kit will ever be glossy.

FWIW, when I’ve first heard about this, I bought three of these pre-release kits from three different sellers. Three out of four booster packs in just one of those kits contained the non-holo glossy cards (luckily including the Pikachu I wanted :blush: And I’ve just checked, but I don’t have the glossy Growlithe nor Porygon, sorry. :pensive_face: ) All the other booster packs were just regular ones.

And tbh, I would consider them as repeating errors, rather than an actual variation to collect. More like a nice-to-have. Mostly because a lot of modern cards can have this same glossy cardstock. I’ve seen glossy cards on:

  1. Unbroken Bonds non-holo Commons
  2. Shining Legends non-holo Uncommons
  3. Pikachu Libre deck cards
  4. Unified Minds non-holo Commons
  5. Hidden Fates shiny Pokémon (both glossy and textured variants, on top of regular ones)
  6. XY Evolutions (don’t have a picture for these) - I would love to get my hands on a glossy base set reprint Pikachu :slight_smile:
  7. French Temporal Forces RHs
  8. etc.

Seems like it’s just a print variation that can happen sometimes.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes