Grading Question: Shadowless Charizard

Hey everyone,

What do you think the charizard can get for a grade? PSA 7 most likely? I’m sorry the pictures aren’t very HQ and won’t be able to get better ones unfortunately, but heres the most information I have:

-Front: 2 diagonal lines going through the head. Other vertical line scratching on holo. The two diagonal lines aren’t shown in the pics
-Back: 2 small white spots on the bottom. Other than that very clean

imgur.com/a/st3Gq → I have the actual card but left it at home, so the description isn’t just from looking at pics. Thanks for any help!

I’d guess 7 but who knows?

1 Like

Not sure how strict it is but there’s some scuffs around the outside, those white bits. I think that’ll drop it down to 8. The rest seems pretty good. I’d say 6-7?

1 Like

7 or 8

2 Likes

The amount of scratching on the holo (which seems like a lot, and you said there’s some more you can’t see) is going to ding it a lot. Hard to tell if there are any other surface issues going on from the pics, but I’d say this is a solid 7 due to the strong condition of the back edges. If what I’m seeing on the bottom right-hand back is scuffing, then it could go lower. Either way, get that thing submitted posthaste!

1 Like

You know what I don’t understand, in terms of release date it goes 1st edition charizard - > shadowless charizard - > unlimited charizard…but in terms of value, everyone wants shadowless charizard.

Shouldn’t the 1st editions be wanted more? Am I mixing this up here? I also hear there’s a base set 2, 2nd edition.

1st edition are definitely worth more. You might be seeing more people seeking shadowless because the 1st edition prices are just unrealistic for many collectors.

2 Likes

Yeah aside from the holo scratching, the card is in pretty mint shape (imo). I’m inexperienced with accurately judging card grades so not sure how much they will take off for the scratches. It’s going to be sent to Scott for grading most likely in a month or so!

I’d say go for it, on ebay shadowless charizards are going for £1000+ at psa 9, if you could scrape 8 or even 7 you’re looking at £300

1 Like