1st edition Charizard

Hey all, would appreciate your opinions.

In a potential deal for an ungraded 1st edition base set charizard. Slight marked on the bottom right, centering looks pretty good holo has no marks so could be an 8 minimum.

was wondering what you fine people would offer/pay for this item.

[www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charizard-1st-edition-base-set-near-mint/222985407286]](https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charizard-1st-edition-base-set-near-mint/222985407286])

really want this item but need to make sure its worth the money for an ungraded.

Thank you

It could be a 6. You just don’t know until you’re holding the card in your hand.

I wouldn’t buy an ungraded copy at anywhere near that price. You can snag a PSA 7 or 8 for cheaper which would save you needless risk, time, and money.

2 Likes

How low is the seller willing to go? He said near mint which is a PSA 7. Have you seen it in person and can confirm the holo is clean?

I would just buy a graded copy, unless you want one for a binder but I personally wouldn’t put a NM first ed zard in a binder. If you’re trying to grade it and make a profit, there’s probably been many big Pokémon guys who have seen this item and passed. Probably not worth it

Hard to tell by how dark the photos are. You can try asking him for more photos with better lighting.
Some close-ups on the holo and corners under a decent angle would really help determine a lot.

Too much whitening for an 8. Good chance theres other damage hidden, and the sellers feedback indicates hes not the best at pre-grading.

1 Like

You’re probably better off thinking “maximum 7” than “minimum 8”. Otherwise you’ll probably end up overpaying and getting a disappointing grade.

1 Like

The pictures look like a 6 or 7 but hard to tell for sure without better pictures.
Plus the sellers DSRs are horrible. Pass!

1 Like

Scanned items are better to try and get true value, seeing it in person is even better lol. Plus, what Gary said (6-7) 8 if you feel lucky lol…