Grading Advice?

Hello! About to send in my first PSA submission with 100 cards(I’m at about 90) and I have this gold star charizard, looking to get a psa 7 or higher on it, it’s near flawless aside from the back corners which are in pretty poor shape! Anyways was wondering if y’all could take a look at the pics and let me know what you think it would grade! :blush:

Centering ain’t so great, those corners aren’t horrible but I don’t see them being 8 worthy.

With hopefully no surface damage, I’d say you’re on the money with a PSA 7

imo those look like poor factory cuts, did you pull this card in this condition? I actually have a card in not much better condition: flawless, fresh from pack but with poor quality corner cuts like that, which actually received a 10. The grader obviously took into consideration that the corner damage was caused by factory. It was a very lucky and overly generous grade, but yours could very easily get a 7 or better if its actually flawless other than those corners.

Oh awesome thanks for the input, sounds like a 7 is easily feasible then! And the guy I bought it from pulled it fresh and sleeved it, I was also thinking it was factory but I didn’t know they would be more lenient towards that sort of thing! I got this along with a very minty Mew GS for $250!

Centering would likely bring it to PSA 9 at best, the corners (assuming they won’t take factory damage into account) would make it a 7 in my opinion, maybe a 7.5 if lucky. I think for it to receive a 6 it needs to be way worse.

looking at a 6-7 imo

Most likely a 7.

Let us know what you get if you remember. =)

2 Likes

psa 6-7

But i’ve seen 8’s worst than this… so yeah…

Sure thing! Like I said I’ll be sending in 100 cards in a week or so with 45 day turnaround so it’ll probably be about 2 months still, but I’ll post pics of the whole return when the time comes! :blush:

1 Like

Post it in the Great Grading Result Thread so we all see it…

1 Like