Gold Present energy cards

Hi guys, I recently bought these energy cards which from what I understand are from the Japanese pokemon center lottery for the Gold Present campaign.
2500 people were given a three-pack of each so they’re limited to 7500 of each.

I think they were only released last year but do you guys think the value will boost much? And do you think its worth getting them graded?
I couldn’t find much info on them either, only a translated poster for the Gold Present campaign so I’m hoping that means they’re just super exclusive

BTW sorry about bad picture quality, I’m a work so I had to screenshot a gif I put on my instagram.

It’s like anything, over time it should increase in value. I’ve sent mine to PSA for grading, but not with the aim of making profit, rather that they’ll look awesome in my collection.

As you said, there is 7,500 of each, making them hardly exclusive.

1 Like

Yeah man, they look great, I wouldnt sell these unless I had spares. But even then I’d probably still just hoard them haha.
Anything limited is only gonna get rarer though. It’s probably safe to assume a lot of them have already been rendered worthless by kids or destroyed altogether

1 Like

I have a friend who was interested in the gold TOMY figures from the same promotion.
The circulation of those sets was definitely not as large as this. She paid a fair sum for her set, but one day their value will be HUGE.

It is like @ozenigma said… Over time they will increase in value.

Yeah those figures were REALLY limited! I bet she had a hell of a time finding them!

1 Like

While they were produced quite abundantly, I think they’ll spike a bit quicker than another card with an equivalent print run. Blingy Japanese players will be snapping these up in playsets, wanting maybe 10-12 of each copy.

Not to mention the possibility of other types being released in similar style. That’ll really make players want matching sets of each imo.

1 Like

Which ones were released - just Darkness and Grass?

Yep!

This! On top of collectors collecting, Players of all languages will most likely want to add these to their deck. If I played the tcg, they would be in my deck, even if I had zero grass or dark pokemon. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If only foreign energy cards were allowed at sanctioned English tournaments. :slightly_frowning_face:

That is crazy, I didn’t know that basic energies were not allowed.

You say abundantly but 7500 doesn’t strike me as a lot. Considering there has to be tens of thousands of collectors worldwide.
Then again I’ve only recently come back into this world and I’m still getting to grips with how exclusive a card being exclusive really is…

The backs are different. The card has to be the same. I think it is related to concerns about marking cards. Like they could be felt to be different or something.

It is what it is.

1 Like

I completely forgot about the backs, that makes perfect sense!

That makes sense though. How else would you know it is a grass energy, for example, if you couldn’t read the card?

7500 is a ton compared to 1000 which seems to usually be the norm for limited promos.

1 Like

Easier in the UK I believe, iirc we can use any European language card

I was being deeply sarcastic. Haha

We need a “tongue in cheek” Pikachu.

just got my set of the darkness energy with the paper that talks about the gold frame campaign. I was lucky i didnt pay more than 60 for it with the paper