Giratina V Special Art From Lost Abyss Revealed!

guys… it’s so beautiful. if you havent seen it yet, im pretty sure it leaked last night. i’ve been waiting in anticipation of this card for a long time. rotom, along with some others were also leaked but i didnt wanna look at every card and spoil the set, just couldnt look away when i saw this lmao.

p.s. im kinda salty deoxys didnt make it into any official sets, buddy deserved more than a holo in fusion strike and a separate deck. at least genesect got an sr :')

here’s the picture, and the tweet i took it from

illustrated by new artist Shinji Kanda. They’ve been turning heads with their amazing Magmar (S9) and Ariados (S10D) art.

source: https://twitter.com/justinbasiltcg/status/1547106749861306369

8 Likes

Giratina is cool, Aerodactyl too, but Rotom and Perrserker are lame. Not that it matters, since people are already hyping Lost Origin to be the “best set of the year” and are speculating on it months before release :clown_face:

1 Like

forgot about the aerodactyl! always love to see the fossils getting love. i dont know much about anyone speculating on english, but im incredibly excited to open lost abyss. honestly, modern has been straight BANGING this whole year

2 Likes

I’m a huge fan of cards that show multiple Pokémon interacting with each other or simply existing in the world together, so I really appreciate the alt arts that display this. Or cards that show a Pokemon’s personality, like the Tyranitar alt. To me, alts like Perrserker are simply “here’s a full art that’s not 3D CGI”, and that’s pretty boring. It could’ve been a regular rare, IMO.

I want to open a case of English for the first time and I’d love it to be Lost Origin, if boxes go to $100 I’ll probably do it. Things like Chilling Reign and Battle Styles dropped to $80 long after I bought 60% of the set in singles, so for Lost Origin I’ll hold out for a month or two and see what happens.

2 Likes

Shinji Kanda has been a great new addition to the tcg artists! Happy to see him getting bigger cards to work on.

3 Likes

here are some other images that have emerged since the initial leak

3 Likes

A Kanda Special art! oh. BABY.

you’re way off on Rotom IMO

Not only does it include all of its appliances, but it also features a goldmine of pokemon item easter eggs

big parasol, pokemon catcher, rods, capacious bucket, potions, repel, escape rope, disks, maybe even more. its completely filled with items

It’s a clever design and works really well for Rotom’s unique nature

8 Likes

there is still hope for deoxys and zeraora alts btw. the gengar and inteleon decks like these last year had alts. still haven’t seen confirmation that there are no seeded secret rares

2 Likes

I’m really confused on why the Lopunny alt art in this set is taking so long to leak :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

4 Likes

I see why people like it, but I personally feel it’s one of the weaker alts. If I were to pull it, I wouldn’t be too excited.

1 Like

It is a very nerdy artwork, so I definitely understand why it might not be appealing to everyone. However, I’d still argue it is just about as perfect as possible for Rotom conceptually.

3 Likes

These Alt Arts are unreal! Both the Giratina and Rotom are S-tier imo.

4 Likes

You can hear the Jurassic Park theme when you look at the Aerodactyl alt art.

7 Likes

Kanda alt art :pray:

2 Likes

Been looking forward to the Giratina card for a while. It doesn’t disappoint. It’s very overwhelming to the senses. I can’t even tell what’s going on. Which makes sense for a Pokemon like Giratina.

The Rotom alt art does a great job of capturing the essence of Rotom.

Aerodactyl is simple, and I like it.

3 Likes

Interesting the artist went with Tropius instead of aurorus in Aerodactyl alt.

1 Like

i think people are reading too much into the aerodactyl art. i’d be willing to bet the artist just though tropius fits the setting and theme despite not being a fossil.

2 Likes

now for the low low price of 20 payments of $49.99

1 Like

I am in love with the Aerodactyl alt art now that I noticed there is an Omanyte

4 Likes