FedEx Shipping - Possible Lost PWCC Vault Shipment

Sorry to hear about this…I’ve had quite a few packages from FedEX (as well as USPS) get snagged in some location during the past 6 months, but thankfully all of them eventually made it to their destination. I know it’s scary, but there’s a high chance it’s going to end up at PWCC, just slower than expected…keep us updated though.

4 Likes

I hope you’re right. Called again today & still hardly any information as to what’s going on. Tried to get into contact w/ someone directly at the Memphis location but the lady said that isn’t doable. Ugh. Time will tell.

Hey @mewtuw, just letting you know that delays from memphis is extremely normal, and the subreddit for Fedex is basically constant posts about delays at that location. I wouldn’t worry too much for now; I think it’ll get to PWCC eventually! Most of my packages going through Fedex has been delayed a minimum of a few days to a week.

2 Likes

Hope this gets resolved soon. I get FedEx orders pretty regularly (international), whenever it goes through Memphis it takes longer than taking another route, so there is hope that it´s just stuck somewhere!

1 Like

@nuttun - It’ll be a week late by tomorrow so hopefully it happens sooner than later. I’m just surprised an Overnight package is THIS delayed. Appreciate you telling me that though.

@shadowless - That’s what I’m hoping, too. Just surprised they’re offering guaranteed Overnight if it’s this slow.

1 Like

This is a nightmare, I’m so sorry. My recommendation would be to NOT emphasize the value when you speak to FedEx representatives. They are probably working a job they hate at a call center and do not care about individual packages. It will increase the risk of employee theft.

If you do not see any movement in a week it may be worthwhile to start contacting whoever in your network you can to get to higher ups at FedEx (think of calling and emailing your congressman, district representative) – the goal at this point is basically for someone high up enough at FedEx regional to get an email that they delegate downwards so that finding your package becomes an actual priority with repurcussions and not just one of the hundreds lost that day oh well. I’m not talking about the CEO just like a district manager etc.

If you go over a month without hearing back, maybe try contacting your local news which has been interested in Pokémon articles lately as they drive clicks. "Man loses $250k Pokémon card collection from FedEx " will get articles about it (Yes they will be clickbaity online articles not the New York Times but everything helps). Depending on where you are located I may be able to help with this. I’m sorry to turn your tragedy into a headline, I am just thinking aloud through options.

6 Likes

I’m really hoping that this is resolved and the cards are delivered safe and sound to PWCC. Sending my best wishes.

2 Likes

I said my piece, but just want to reiterate the power of threatening legal action… I work for a company roughly the size of Fedex. I actually work in the escalation department and deal with threats of legal action against the company all day long. The moment a client says “lawyer, or sue, or subpoena, or legal action”… the situation is immediately escalated to my team and our regulatory department gets involve. We then escalate the issue to all appropriate departments in processing, approval services etc. to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. There’s nothing that takes priority more than a threat of legal action or media coverage, at least where I work. I would imagine Fedex being a massive corporation would respond similarly.

I know this sounds brash and it’s only been a week, but a quarter of million dollars is life changing value. No one wants to be a Karen, but this is warranted imho.

Even if you don’t actually intend to take legal action, expressing that to them verbally should get you in touch with someone higher up than just a phone rep. If the phone rep resists, see if you can speak to the legal department or get an address for their legal department. Then contact a lawyer and ask them to write a letter on their letterhead demanding more info about the search, updates, explanations etc. Written legalese is a powerful tool.

It’s only been a week and maybe these actions are premature. I just wanted to describe from my work experience that corporations do not play around if you threaten legal action, even if you don’t actually hire a lawyer or intend to open a case.

Also to parrot was Chansey said, try to refrain from revealing the value in your discussions.

5 Likes

I think threatening legal action could also backfire. The second you suggest litigation, they don’t have to talk to you anymore. Cutting off communication doesn’t seem ideal here

1 Like

@teraz - I agree taking legal action might be in the works but probably not quite yet. I’m going to give it to the end of this week then maybe start to become more threatening. But, I’m not sure what my options are because the package is uninsured & the declared value is only like $100.

1 Like

I have not emphasized the value of the package much, if at all. I’ll likely go back to the station I shipped from & see who I can get in contact w/ if this does not move the remainder of this week.

Contacting the press is an interesting idea… Never thought of that. I’m located in Northeast Indiana.

Hopefully this will not end-up like this & things will get resolved but I’m losing faith day by day.

@smokemon

If you actually file a suit against them then sure, but suggesting that you may take legal action should at least translate into them doing everything they can to resolve the issue before legal action actually occurs.

I should caveat that I do not know how Fedex operates in response to someone saying anything related to legal action. I’m basing this off of my experience at a Fortune 500 company. If someone says they may, will, are considering legal action, we increase communication and allocate more resources to addressing their issue to prevent litigation.

You’re right though, this could be the wrong move with Fedex. Best move would be to actually contact a lawyer and seek guidance. I recognize too I may be jumping the gun, but the is vicariously painful.

2 Likes

Until you’ve officially retained a lawyer and that lawyer has communicated to them that you are their client, they can talk to you. Suggesting hiring a lawyer or threat of litigation does not cut off communication. However, I would wait until it’s pretty damn certain that it’s lost, because employees are humans too and if you come off too aggressive they might stop caring or call your bluff.

But if it is obviously gone gone, I would seek legal advice. The dollar amount here is pretty significant and honestly it gives attorneys something to sink their teeth into. Just saying.

I hope this plays out in your favor. Just reading about your situation makes me anxious, so I can only imagine what you’re going through.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Yeah, patience isn’t my best quality lol.

Also to be clear, when I say threaten I mean it in the nicest way possible. To just make the possibility of the intention clear in a kind manner without being emotional is most effective when dealing with phone reps.

1 Like

I swear FedEx only pays out like $5000 max insurance money if a package goes missing no matter the declared value anyways… I could be wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere or it’s in their fine print or something… Nonetheless I really hope the package gets found…

The dollar amount is extremely significant… My worry is that since it’s uninsured & the declared value was like $100, an attorney couldn’t do anything anyway since FedEx would claim the package wasn’t insured / declared at the actual value of the contents.

That would very likely be their go-to defense. But there are ways around it. Recently, courts have not been very forgiving with these adhesion contracts and clauses that larger companies distribute. Any type of negligence on FedEx’s end could easily create liability exposure. But who knows. I’m not trying to give any legal advice here, just another attorney’s opinion from a different state. :wink:

Insurance in the US is so cheap ;_;

1 Like

My understanding is if you have PWCC generate a label for you using their FedEx account, they’re able to insure it for a higher amount than you can as a regular person shipping. I haven’t used it myself but I know a lot of people get their labels from PWCC directly.

1 Like

You would know better than me! If you think I’d have a solid defense & could get some compensation - I’d definitely pursue legal action, if need be. HOPEFULLY this will get resolved on its own.