Favourite card of a pokemon you dislike

So something that I have noticed a fair bit of, is when I play the games there are Pokemon I have absolutely no time for and actively dislike. When I see them in the TCG, I normally am not swayed. But there are definitely cards that have completely changed my overall opinion for a Pokemon that I had a negative view on.

I don’t know if it’s enough for me to pick him as a starter! But he’s almost made me a believer, and these are some of my favourites in my main collection.

Be really interested to see if others have similar?

12 Likes

Gotta be shining magikarp for me. The only reason you’d get magikarp in the game is to switch it out to :laughing: steal to eventually get a Gyarados. In the card game, it was the same deal. Just a stepping stone to level up.

This card changed that idea. The art is S-tier on top of it being a shining card which was an absolute home run in Neo. Fan club magikarp and unikarp are amazing too. Love this card

Edit: " X P " turned into an emjoi but it’s funny so gonna leave it

5 Likes

Never liked Ledian, but love the colors on this card!

10 Likes

15 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

But which Pokemon do I dislike? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Heavy glare.

11 Likes

1 Like

I do not like the Pan/Simi pokemon, but I like this art and I try to keep up with what James Turner is doing.

2 Likes

So so much dislike! But glad them cards are winning you over sir!

Applies to all Ultra Beasts. I just hate the whole Ultra Beast concept, but their art work usually is top tier.

2 Likes

Agree 100%!

1 Like

I was about to post my favorite artwork of my most disliked Pokémon of each generation, but a lot of those Pokémon don’t even have any good artwork to begin with… If anyone is curious, my most disliked Pokémon per generation are: Hypno; Larvitar; Silcoon; Budew; Simipour; Quiladin; Blacephalon; and Eternatus.

Anyway, here some amazing artworks from the first three:

As for some other amazing artworks of Pokémon that aren’t too popular overall:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

For the rest of the Pokemon that I dislike I couldn’t even find cards that I like. Some may have a nice background etc but the Pokemon itself ruins it for me

7 Likes

Hate Carnivine, love Komiya

6 Likes

Honestly couldn’t find many examples of decent artwork for my least favourites (Zygarde complete form, Alolan Dugtrio, Blacephalon)

The best I could find is this:

But I don’t even think Komiya could do this Pokemon any favours

1 Like

The reverse holo one shows off the explosion better!

1 Like