Favorite card of 2017

Pokemon outdid themselves with this guy

5 Likes

4 Likes

That IS a self portrait:)

Probably a tie between lab Mewtwo and this Pikachu that came in the Shining Legends Collector’s Chest.

7 Likes

I think this would’ve been my favorite of the year, too (or maybe Giovanni)! Such an epic card.

Does anyone prefer the Japanese to the English?

1 Like

Shining Rayquaza of course. This card is probably my favorite Rayquaza right after the gold star. A+

13 Likes

This card is definitely up there. I was so excited when I pulled it from a pack and then immediately disappointed when I noticed how OC it is along with a dirt smudge embedded into the border. I’ll have to pick up a few of these when I get a chance. All of the Shinings have really grown on me.

2 Likes

Same here, have this guy in PSA 10 and he is in my top 5 of all time. Insanely good art.

2 Likes

Really awesome thread guys. Love it.

Good to appreciate some of the artists from Japan. I think they do an amazing job.

Artworks which stood out for me this year was the shining mew, and aloha Raichu by Sanosuke Sakuma. I was lucky enough to get an artist proof by her and a signature only 100 people were allowed to get something signed. Had to line up maybe 6 + hours.

That’s her below ^.^ so awesome. She made the cool aloha Raichu; her favourite Pokemon is Keldeo! and she’s quite young as one of the artists for Pokemon.

And yes… Arita was there too… ^.^

7 Likes

I would always pick this over Giovanni

3 Likes

I am probably in the minority here, but I really don’t fancy that card. When I bought the case I got it for $300, I graded the cards and obviously both got 10s. I traded away the Rocket’s because I simply didn’t want it.

The boss needs no one :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: oh. Hello there.

2 Likes

Ugh, second this card, absolutely in love with it, I’ve been wanting to pick it up for a while now but I’ve really got to try and be patient until my finances are little bit better balanced! :slightly_smiling_face:

What would you consider a fair price for this card right now? I may pick up a copy if it isn’t too steep!

@ankoko it’s gotten kind of crazy. I’d say like $250 mint is the best around now