English Pokemon TCG will now feature silver borders

Yep this really feels like the end of an era at least for the collecting side of things.
Especially if they are going to be 1 - 1 on the Japanese - Eng releases

I have to say that I like the silver borders, but it sad to yellow border go, it’s like another piece of our childhood going away

1 Like

I hope so!

Finally something done right for English products. Now what would happen to the OCD collectors who have to deal with different coloured borders?

1 Like

We are stopping

Honestly pretty sad to see them go. I thought they looked awful on character rares, but I have enjoyed them since childhood besides that. They always gave cards like exs and other border changing cards more weight to me due to the stark difference. Seeing a silver shine in a pack amongst a sea of yellow is a feeling I won’t forget.

No set symbol either, interesting. Just SV1en. Wonder if they will print centered cards now too.

6 Likes

This is going to be so much fun to open! I can’t wait!!

Wonder if this means were moving to a simultaneous release schedule with english and japanese?! The set symbols are done with too. English cards will now have the set code just like japanese! Makes me think they have this in mind. It’s odd to have two release dates for “SV1”, but who knows one can dream!

:smiley:

I’m so happy

I’m okay with the border change even though I personally would have preferred to stay with the yellow borders because I habe always preferred that look; but I’m pretty disappointed in the dropping of set symbols - especially if it isn’t to move to a world wide simultaneous release. For forever I have been using 1 inch binders with a black set symbol vinyl cutout to mark the spine for every new set, and the set codes are for sure not going to feel the same.

Guaranteed holo cards is nice though, interested to see how the set and pack composition looks.

4 Likes

I hope the print quality has also been improved

1 Like

Wait a sec, if packs are now going to have 3 holos or better, how will code cards look? You can’t do white=nothing, green=something. Will they all look the same but have random weights to throw off weighing packs?

I think code cards have been the same the past few sets for holo vs non holo packs

I wish they’d do unique codes for each set again

1 Like

Is it inappropriate to ask the title be corrected to “borders”? :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I’m all for this change, but as stated above, definitely feels like the end of an era with the removal of yellow borders.

I agree. Feels strange

Overall like the change! I will miss set symbols though (rip Jungle-Crown Zennith). I wonder if in years from now how we view WotC and Nintendo era will be how we view yellow border vs. silver border era

1 Like

Yeah I always loved seeing the unique set symbols, thats a tough loss.

1 Like

Now we just wait to see if they’ve changed the backs as well…

3 Likes