English Pokemon TCG will now feature silver borders

22 Likes

Wow! The change looks really good.

2 Likes

Just saw this in the SV set thread and I’m shocked. Never would have seen this coming, Love em or hate em yellow borders being gone definitely feels like the end of an era.

18 Likes

Woah! Guess my binder collections end at gen 8. Not saying they look bad but they just wont fit with the rest to me

Never thought I’d see the day! :open_mouth:

With these design changes, including the removal of set symbols, I wonder if it might also be hinting at more consistency between English and Japanese set composition.

14 Likes

Also like to see 3 guaranteed holos. No more pack weighing, no more spending $4 for a non holo rare.

1 Like

Wow. Mixed feelings. The yellow border was an iconic staple of Pokemon. But with modern art it detracts from the card. Sad to see it go, but its the right move.

8 Likes

I just realized this! We all have been telling English to just do a copy and paste of Japanese. Maybe they finally heard the message.

2 Likes

Holy shit. Insane. I honestly never thought this would happen! Yellow borders are ugly but as @zubat said, they’re iconic. A truly massive change. Just wish they did it one set earlier for the Crown Zenith art rares!

9 Likes

WOTC simps need not respond lmao

8 Likes

While I welcome the silver borders for things like character Rares, I still prefer yellow for commons, uncommons, and holos.

5 Likes

Shame they didnt do this much earlier (looking at you gold stars). I welcome the change but it definitely is the end of an era.

Never liked the silver borders personally, ah well least this re-inforces my decision to end collecting after SWSH!

A great change imo

2 Likes

winter has started

Im excited!

1 Like

2 Likes

I can’t believe they removed the set symbols

8 Likes

Like others have mentioned above, I have mixed feelings about this. The full art designs from swsh didn’t look great with yellow borders, but this hobby for me is rooted in nostalgia and I’m sad to see them go. For the best though, the only constant in the world is change!

5 Likes

smh they didn’t go with the superior red bordered cards

20 Likes